Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
GKN Aerospace in Portsmouth supply an extensive range of products for different types of fixed and rotary wing aircrafts, land vehicles, missiles, UAVs, torpedoes and marine vessels for Fuel and Flotation markets.The Quality Compliance Representative will be reporting to the Site Quality Compliance Manager, the Quality Compliance Representative is responsible for the effective management and integration of the Aerospace Policy Management System (APMS) into the Special Products Group (SPG) Quality Management Systems, whilst assuring Governance and Compliance with all Quality related Legislative, Third-party Certification and Customer requirements.
- This is an exciting opportunity to lead a site in GKN Aerospace in maintaining AS9100 Rev D. Monitor, facilitate and apply revised Policy, procedures and Standards disseminated from Regulators and GKN Group to integrate within the site Quality Management Systems.
- To act as the Quality Compliance Representative to provide Governance to maintain full Regulatory Conformity and Compliance.
- Act as the Focal Liaison point with Customers and Partners where necessary, when impacting/affected by local site quality issues.
- Standardise the Business Processes on Site – manage the development of the site QMS to achieve full compliance to the APMS, including collaboration with other SPG Sites to identify and implement other Standardisation opportunities.
- Implement a standard and effective Supplier Quality Assurance process to achieve zero Supplier defects. Subsequently ensure Compliance to the defined SQA process.
- Implement a standard and effective Business and Manufacturing Process Compliance Verification System on Site to achieve zero defects and zero escapes. Subsequently ensure Compliance to the defined process.
- As part of the SPG Compliance Team, take responsibility for improvement projects, delivering demonstrable and sustainable results on time and cost.
- Support the Site with the identification and deployment of training to support Regulatory and Security Compliance.
- HNC or equivalent in Engineering or Manufacturing discipline
- Engineering or Manufacturing Related Degree or equivalent is desirable
- Familiarity with AS9100D, EASA Part 21-G and EASA Part 145 Regulatory approvals. Strong background in Quality Management System Approvals, within a high Tech Manufacturing Environment (Aerospace and/or Tier One Automotive).
- Strong background within a manufacturing environment or equivalent Aerospace and/or Tier One Automotive)
- Proven track record in implementation of Quality Management Systems from brown-field site to subsequent successful approval by third party agencies
- C.I/Lean trained, including the application and usage of various structured Practical Problem Solving throughout the internal and external Supply-Chains
- Ability to lead and support ISO14001 and ISO18001 Audits (supporting HSE Representative)
- Additional automotive experience of APQP, PPAP, PFMEA, 8D, SPC and MSA would be advantageous