Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance Aerospace Engineering
About this job
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the quality engineering function, including ensuring quality control and engineering methods comply with applicable regulations and meet GKN Aerospace standards.
- Independently work through various issues with first article inspection reports for multiple customers**
- Prepare Inspection Method Sheets and First Article Packages including SPC plans.
- Facilitate PPAP for NPI: process mapping, FMEA, control plans, audits, capability reviews, etc.
- Communicate directly with customers to resolve Quality issues**
- In depth understanding of customer specifications and working knowledge of quality investigation tools.
- Lead investigations for internal manufacturing issues
- Support and propose continuous improvement activities
- Assess corrective actions and quality data to identify trends.
- Create and provide trainings for procedures, business, and manufacturing processes
- Utilize SP Data to drive process improvements
- Maintain and improve a quality management system to remain in compliance with customer standards, ISO9001, ISO14001, and AS9100. Includes maintenance of the OMS system.
- Lead internal audits and ensure corrective actions are addressed appropriately**
- Ensure customer findings are addressed by all cross functional groups
- Perform internal and product audits according to customer and GKN internal requirements (workstation, FOD, etc.)
- Facilitate customer and third party audits at the Newington site
- Lead the site’s quarterly Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA) meetings
- Participate in contract reviews and kick-off meetings and provide guidance for fulfilling customer-specific requirements
- Oversee M&TE calibration process along with calibration (i.e. DPRV, eye exams, etc.)
- Qualifies inspection personnel
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical field.
- 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment with experience in a quality function required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations.
- Additional Qualifications:
- Aerospace experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a deep understanding of customer requirements in an effort to support new product qualification
- Relevant experience with managing root cause and corrective action events.
- Ability to manage projects to completion and function in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and teaming skills.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Strong computer skills (MSWord, Excel)
- GKN experience preferred.