Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
Responsible for day to day quality assurance activities using calibrated gages.
- Perform routine and complex inspection and quality activities involved in the manufacture and development of products and processes, dimensional layout inspection and First Article verification.
- Perform diverse duties using sophisticated measuring equipment to ensure internal and external material and product quality standards are maintained.
- Ensure production documentation is complete with proper buy offs using approved Acceptance Authority Media (e.g. stamps, electronic signatures, etc), at the proper configuration and revision level, and stored correctly for records retention.
- Provide technical input in areas that involve process inspection methods and acceptance criteria to Engineering, Purchasing and Manufacturing.
- Prepare inspection reports using statistical process control data or other information. Perform detailed product and process audits as required.
- Assist in the development and maintenance of a corporate culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensure the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully comply with the Company Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
- Required Qualifications:
- High school diploma or equivalent, with coursework in chemistry, physics, advanced math and basic engineering theory required.
- Five (5) years work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Associates Degree in Engineering or related discipline desired.
- Five (5) years experience with CMS equipment (CMMs, laser trackers, etc) preferred.
- Capability of performing task associated with a wide variety of technical measuring instruments, which are used to maintain close tolerances and the reading and interpretation of complex blueprints and drawings is required.
- Additional Qualifications:
- Preferred candidate will have certification by the American Society for Quality Assurance (ASQ) as a Certified Quality Inspector (CQI), Certified Auditor (CQA), and/or Certified Calibration Technician (CCT). Considerations made for NAS410 /ASNT Certified Level II Ultrasonic or Eddy Current (NDT) with CMM equipment experience, or a Customer Certified Source Inspector.