Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
This position is responsible for the development and maintenance of the Integrated Master Schedule. This position also deploys management tools/metrics with the cognizant program to monitor and report progress from contract award to final delivery to the customer.
- Deploy, manage, monitor and improve planning and scheduling processes within the program to:
- ensure proper schedule focus on the daily/weekly/monthly activities,
- ensure the effective use of available internal capacity/resources,
- synchronize external resources, and
- provide necessary schedule information to program management, customers and CAMs
- Facilitate the interface between Control Account Managers (CAMs) and various functional organizations to ensure development of appropriate planning processes for the execution of scheduled activities.
- Develop, mentor and train program personnel in the tools and techniques of scheduling in an earned value environment.
- Develop and maintain the IMS. Ensure the IMS meets customer delivery requirements, and is executable regarding internal and external resources. Ensure the IMS aligns with ERP schedules, supplier schedules and customer schedules.
- Ensure coordination of the IMS with the cost system for effective cost/schedule integration.
- Lead efforts to improve scheduling processes. Seek ways to improve automation, reporting capabilities and overall project management best practices. Lead the planning and scheduling process for the program manager in coordination with the finance team. Develop and provide appropriate metrics and information to enable attainment of the project schedule objectives.
- Comply with Government regulations and the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies.
- Comply with the GKN Compliance and Ethics policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff are aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for compliance.
- Maintain a safe workplace
- Pursue personal development of skills and knowledge necessary for effective performance.
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5 years of DOD planning/scheduling experience –OR- in lieu of degree, 9 years of DOD planning/scheduling experience
- Must have an active Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- Must be a US Citizen.
- Must comply with ITAR regulations and site SSA requirements.
- Proficient with MS Project
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Strong problem solving and analysis skills.
- Ability to manage complexity and resolve conflicts that arise from balancing multiple priorities
- Strong team leadership skills with direct reports and ability to communicate and facilitate across functional lines
- Excellent written, verbal and collaboration skills