Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
The purpose of this role is to lead a team of supplier schedulers (operational buyers) in charge of all inbound supply deliveries to master schedule requirements. This position executes the flow of parts and services from our supply base, remaining aligned with our regional and global commodity strategies, and ensuring that we have the right part, at the right place, at the right time. They are a key stakeholder in the MPS and MRP process, responsible for supplier delivery performance adherence. They will manage the relationship with logistics providers as required and provide inputs to the SIOP process
A member of the site leadership team, the site Procurement Manager is the “conductor” for purchase to pay procurement, ensuring adherence and alignment to management processes.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied and that their assigned areas are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
- Leading and developing their teams in the delivery of People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting customer and stakeholder commitments
- Procure/Schedule parts, materials, tools, etc. to site/program schedule and business schedules in support of a 98%+ on-time delivery performance standard.
- Act as an authorized agent of the company with responsibility for managing all supplier-related delivery activities and authority to commit company resources through alignment of central contracts and agreements.
- Develop and maintain relationships with suppliers and contractors to ensure a high quality, reliable source of supplies, services and information.
- Ensuring the disciplined execution of Daily Management and Standardised work through the conscientious adherence to Leader Standard Work
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Import and Export Control Regulations
- Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government
- Bachelor’s Degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business, or related technical field. Master’s degree preferred.
- 8 or more years in Supply Chain leadership role in a manufacuting enviornment.
- 5 years purchasing experience with significant proven experience in Aerospace based procurement is preferred
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- GKN experience
- DoD Security Clearance, or ability to obtain DoD Security Clearance.
- Ability to cooperate with people of different levels inside/ outside the company and to interact with team to reach team goals and business objectives.
- Strong skills in the operational execution of the following disciplines: Scheduling and Execution, Master Data Management, Internal Flows and Warehousing, SIOP/MPS/MRP, Inventory Management, Performance Monitoring.
- A team player able to influence without direct line reports
- Member of the site leadership team
- Practitioner level for Forecasting & Demand Planning, SIOP/MPS/MRP, Scheduling and Execution, Transport management, Internal Flows and Warehousing, Strategy & CI planning, Performance Monitoring, Lean mind-set & business excellence
- Working knowledge of DFAR and FAR is highly desired.