Field(s) of expertise
Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
Under the general supervision of the Director of HR, the HR business partner (HRBP) position is responsible for aligning business objectives with employees and management in designated business units. The position serves as a consultant to management on human resource-related issues. The successful HRBP acts as an employee champion and change agent. The role assesses and anticipates HR-related needs. Communicating needs proactively with our HR department and business management, the HRBP seeks to develop integrated solutions. The position formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value-added service to management and employees that reflects the business objectives of the organization. The position may include international human resource responsibilities. The HRBP maintains an effective level of business literacy about the business unit’s financial position, its midrange plans, its culture and its competition.
- Conducts weekly meetings with respective business units.
- Consults with line management, providing HR guidance when appropriate.
- Analyzes trends and metrics in partnership with the HR group to develop solutions, programs and policies.
- Manages and resolves complex employee relations issues.
- Conducts effective, thorough and objective investigations. May include conducting employee investigations in another country.
- Maintains in-depth knowledge of legal requirements related today-to-day management of employees, reducing legal risks and ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Partners with the legal department as needed/required.
- Provides day-to-day performance management guidance to line management (e.g., coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions).
- Works closely with management and employees to improve work relationships, build morale, and increase productivity and retention.
- Provides HR policy guidance and interpretation.
- Develops contract terms for new hires, promotions and transfers.
- Assists international employees with expatriate assignments and related HR matters.
- Provides guidance and input on business unit restructures, workforce planning and succession planning.
- Identifies training needs for business units and individual executive coaching needs.
- Partners with Training & Development to participate in evaluation and monitoring of training programs to ensure success.
- Follows up to ensure training objectives are met
- This position has no direct supervisory responsibilities, but does serve as a coach and mentor for other positions in the department.
- 8 years of Human Resources experience resolving complex employee relations issues.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Working knowledge of multiple human resource disciplines, including compensation practices, organizational diagnosis, employee and union relations, diversity, performance management, and federal and state respective employment laws.
- Preferred SHRM Certified Professional (SHRM-CP) or SHRM Senior Certified Professional (SHRM-SCP) credential or ability to obtain certification within one year of employment.