Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
The Site Lean Deployment Leader is a Lean Thinker with a very high level of expertise in Business Transformation. They will play a central role in developing the site into a Lean enterprise based upon GKN Aerospace’s Lean Operating Model. They will lead, coach and influence their site’s Leadership Team, ensuring rigor and fidelity to the Lean Deployment roadmap.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles.
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied across GKN and that all locations are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment.
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across within their Performance Centre.
- Creating and executing against the Site Lean Deployment plan and ensuring that all resources required are in place, both within their site and from the CoE (e.g. Regional Lean Experts assigned as appropriate).
- Coaching their performance center’s Leadership team in their deployment of the Lean Excellence Model Role Profile
- Ensuring the correct allocation of resources to make the Lean deployment a success, and making problems immediately visible, allowing problem solving to take place.
- Delivering significant improvement in People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting their site’s customer and stakeholder commitments, driven by significant improvements in Lean Maturity.
- Developing deep Lean Expertise across their site, ensuring that they become self-sufficient in running the Lean Operating Model, working with the Regional Lean Expert to ensure that all staff are fully certified in Lean Thinking at the appropriate level for their role.
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities: the company’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies; Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government; Export Control regulations
- Required Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree required.
- 10+ years of experience in lean operations experience in manufacturing, including lean leadership experience.
- Must be a U.S. Person.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Advanced degree preferred.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- Previous significant experience in Lean Transformation preferred.
- Lean certification from a reputable certifying body or benchmark company preferred.