Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
Under moderate supervision, conducts training programs for the business unit employees. Develops training programs and resources that will be consistent with the overall company business strategy and philosophies.
- Trains aviation repair personnel in accordance with company policies and procedures (e.g., EHS, Quality, Continuous Improvement, ERT, FAA, and stamp control).
- Supports training in congruence with the Departmental protocols.
- Identifies, evaluates, and selects internal and external resources to present technical training programs to meet the needs of the business unit under management guidance.
- Interacts with functional organizations to develop specifications for course content.
- Develops, coordinates, and maintains training functions for the Business Unit in order to attain required objectives
- Determines the appropriate instructional method based on knowledge of specified training needs and supervisory input.
- Participates in audits as needed.
- Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations and product quality standards issued by OSHA, EPA, and other federal, state, and local regulatory agencies.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Four year degree or combination of education and experience in a technical environment
- 2 years’ experience related to defining, developing, and implementing all types of training programs in a manufacturing environment.
- Aerospace experience preferred.
- 2 years supervisory/lead experience required.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership, organizational, and communication skills.
- Training certifications preferred.
Mental and Physical Demands
- Ability to work in a team.
- Ability to work shifts.
- Intermediate Math skills
- Manual dexterity
- Ability to stand for long periods of time
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- Good vision with correction
- Withstand loud noise of a machine shop environment
- Wears appropriate PPE as required
GKN is an EOE/M/F/D/V employer. Candidates must meet all requirements under ITAR