Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
The Value Stream Team Lead reports directly to the Value Stream Manager and supervises the activities of production team members in designated value stream. as well as the timely and cost effective production of company products or repair of parts to ensure that reliability and quality standards conform to customer, government and company requirements.
- Manage part flow through stable output and quality level to support production system through applications such as production control boards, preventative maintenance, machine capacity and breakdown frequency analysis, operator daily maintenance checks, problem solving and error proofing.
- Makes one piece production to support production system through applications such as calculating Takt Time, process flow charts, process mapping and operator balance.
- Supports delivery of quality product on-time to customer and achievement of sales and profit plans.
- Implements standardized work to maintain quality and delivery.
- Serve as a change agent by influencing, communicating and institutionalizing a culture of simplification, standard work, process improvement and lean principles.
- Working with VSM/Director, determines production schedule and means to meet schedule and customer requirements.
- Organizes materials for efficient operations through applications such as material movement process flow charts.
- Manages shop floor condition and eliminates waste.
- Implement improvements based on LE (Lean Enterprise) principles by managing wastes including overproduction, waiting, conveyance, correction, motion, inventory and processing.
- Achieves successful results through PDCA (Plan, Do, Check, Act) cycle management and through communication, facilitation and problem-solving.
- Improves operations with low/no cost methods to achieve target savings to cost objectives.
- Supervises subordinate staff including, but not limited to, hiring, staff development, verification of hours, counseling and corrective action, training, performance evaluation and motivation.
- Develop a high performance team based on principles of EI (Employee Involvement).
- Responsible for manufacturing scheduling, staffing and capacity planning.
- Assists resolution of technical problems in work area.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals, to include issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required Qualifications
- Associate’s degree or equivalent combination of education/training and experience.
- 4+ years’ supervisory experience in fabrication, machine shop, welding, or manufacturing/repair environment.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Preferred Qualifications
- Bachelor’s degree preferred.
- Aerospace industry experience preferred.
- Proven experience in influencing, leading cross functional teams and driving change results orientation.
- Demonstrated commitment for process improvement with results.
- Demonstrated ability to motivate others and achieve results.
- Customer-focused in meeting commitments of quality and delivery.
- Demonstrated interpersonal, leadership and communication skills.
- Ability to read, write, and comprehend English instructions.
- Ability to work shifts.
- GKN experience preferred.