Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
Under moderate supervision responsibilities may include Heat Treat, assembly, forming, finishing, material removal, inspection, rework and repair of assembly components and parts, per customer specification, operation of machines, hand and power tools, gages and measuring instruments, fabrication of temporary tooling, tooling maintenance and first level maintenance.
- Evaluates parts identifying areas requiring removal or rework to maintain customer specifications by using measuring tools.
- Cleans or grit blasts parts and performs inspection as required to insure conformance to specifications.
- Prepares parts for mask by rinsing and drying, and/or local alodine.
- Identifies and evaluates patterns. Prior to removal of material determines method to remove material to meet customer specification. Removal of material by tank by media.
- May prepare parts for the tank by painting and patching and removing all required maskant for etch. Uses exacto knife and scale to hand layer out patterns.
- May drill details, assembling rivets and brackets on segments and rings, trimming and paint touch up. Restores desired finish to part. Responsible for self-inspection.
- Grinds, deburrs and forms parts using expanders, hot dye presses and rolls. Cuts chem- mill maskant to prepare parts for chem-milling. Works to close tolerances.
- May heat treat hardware through operation of all furnaces.
- May set up fixtures and operates robots to thermal spray production parts.
- Loads and unloads fixtures as required.
- Maintains a clean work environment (including assigned storage and cleaning duties) in full compliance with company standards, customer and government regulations.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of a business culture, which supports the Company’s overall business objectives and goals, by providing leadership in issues that involve “cost, quality, process, schedule and people”.
- Ensures the company’s commitment to maintain a safe workplace and to protect the environment through the establishment and support of Company policy and adherence to various government regulations.
- Fully complies with the “GKN Aerospace, Inc. Policy Statement on Contracting with the United States Government” in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government. Ensure subordinate staff is aware of the policy and their individual responsibility and accountability for complying with it.
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Requires minimum five years related experience.
- Must be able to read blue prints, schematics and diagrams.
- May be certified to operate forklift and overhead cranes.
- Knowledge and experience in trouble shooting of safety, quality and technical issues with co-workers, quality and engineering functions.
- Must be willing to work in a repetitive production environment with concern for meeting cost, quality and schedule requirements.
- The ability to work as a team player as well as independently is required.