Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Institute of Air Navigation Services (IANS), which is part of NMD, delivers unique high-quality training courses, tools and services in air traffic management (ATM) to various actors in the aviation community. One of these tools is FEAST; the First European Air Traffic Controller Selection Test used by more than 50 organisations to assess the knowledge, skills and abilities of applicants for Air Traffic Control (ATC) training.
The post holder will carry out the tasks under the guidance of the senior psychologist and the FEAST Service assistant depending on the area of expertise. S/he will:
- support and participate in the day-to-day activities of the FEAST Service, including regular support to FEAST customers (i.e. help-desk activities);
- support the FEAST team on studies, statistics, etc. including further development of the FEAST test system;
- update and maintain FEAST documentation: user manuals, administration guide, working papers, administrative procedures, database of FEAST users and interested users;
- monitor the integrity and completeness of FEAST data, reporting missing data or irregularities, etc.;
- provide a regular extraction of statistical information from the database regarding the status of FEAST testing activities and to process data using a statistical software package (SPSS);
- conduct quality assurance checks on the integrity of the FEAST test system (e.g. follow-up on systems upgrade);
- assist with the preparation of FEAST training courses;
- perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Post-secondary education attested by a diploma in a relevant subject (e.g. Psychology).
- Professional training in a similar field will be considered an advantage.
- Minimum 1 year relevant experience (e.g. selection testing, providing support). Relevant traineeships will be considered as professional experience.
- Experience with Office applications, in particular Excel.
- Knowledge of FEAST would be an advantage.
- Interest in selection and testing tools.
- Knowledge of SPSS.
- Analytical thinking: Breaks down information
- Communication: Expresses information and ideas effectively
- Result focus: Strives to meet work expectations
- Planning & Organising: Displays an organised and methodical approach
- Quality focus: Delivers consistent quality in work
- Professional conduct in line with corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result- driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team player approach.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) is required. Knowledge of French is required to the extent necessary for the performance of the duties.