Field(s) of expertise
About this job
The EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre (EEC) in Brétigny, France carries out Research and Development in Air Traffic Management (ATM). The Simulation and Validation team is looking for a dynamic trainee to join its team to further develop and improve the data preparation tools for its simulator family.
The trainee will contribute to the development of new data preparation tools for the EUROCONTROL family of simulators for ATC, airport operations. This new version will be fully Java based, include more graphical interfaces, based on a fully reorganised structure of the databases and offer user-friendly interfaces and advanced metrics tools.
The trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- Contribute to the analysis of the users requirements for the new data preparation tool;
- Help developing the new data base architecture for large and multi-platform simulations;
- Develop and code new components of the data preparation tool (JAVA);
- Acquire a sound understanding of the overall architecture of the ATC real-time ESCAPE simulator, and potentially the other simulators (see simulations.eurocontrol.int);
- Participate in the drafting of documentation and users manual and, potentially, in the testing of the new components and the training of the users.
We are looking for bright students:
- In a masters or bachelors educational programme;
- With a good command of English. Knowing some French would help. Any other language is an advantage;
- With an IT engineering background, ideally with some understanding of air traffic management;
- Who can code in Java and understand data base architecture and graphical user interface;
- Who know how to draft good documentation.