Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation, the Division Innovation manages all Agency research & development (R&D) and innovation activities in coordination with other Directorates. The R&D work is mainly organised through SESAR, covering also participation in H2020 projects and engagement in international research coordination, and consultation groups. Innovation manages and develops the Agency’s Validation Infrastructure including the organisation of real-time simulation services.
- lead, manage and coordinate the preparation, development, testing, acceptance and delivery of a realistic and reliable real-time simulation platform according to the agreed requirements;
- install, maintain and support the ESCAPE ATC real-time simulator and associated tools;
- ensure proper execution of the real-time simulation exercises: capture, analyse and negotiate requirements with external customers and transform them into technical solutions; plan, coordinate and supervise technical activities related to their implementation;
- actively contribute with expertise to debriefings, project meetings and management or supervision of problem reporting and correction, and contribute to lessons learned;
- provide general engineering and software support, as required;
- maintain close coordination with internal services in charge of the platform development to submit and negotiate change request, test platform update, etc.;
- propose improvements, new tools and methods based on lessons learned from previous projects, for example, and in particular for complex and large simulations;
- perform any other tasks in line with the main purpose of the job.
- University degree of at least 3 years in a relevant domain (e.g. IT). A relevant Master degree would be considered an advantage.
- Professional training of an equivalent level, for example, in ATM system development, ATM real-time simulations, training systems or in another relevant area will be considered.
- Minimum 1 year experience in the management of IT systems (configuration and programming) ideally in the field of Air Traffic Control (operational, training or simulation).
- Experience / Skills in project management in engineering or in software development.
- Experience in the use of Linux including network and shell scripting.
- Experience / Understanding in configuration management and modern software development techniques.
- Experience in software and technical requirement capture.
- Drafting skills (English).
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies relationships
- Problem solving: Anticipates and solves business issues
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication
- Result focus: Seeks to improve personal performance
- Influencing: Persuades others through the skilful use of available information
- Autonomous approach.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, customer focus, teamwork, readiness to change and integrity.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this post, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) is required and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary to perform the described duties.