Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation, the European Aviation Plans, Cooperation & Stakeholder Support Division is responsible to lead the definition, coordination and maintenance of Agency plans in support of European Aviation. In this role, the service leads technical relations with key ATM partners, and is responsible to identify new strategic partnerships including those non-European States.
The Head of European Aviation Plans, Cooperation & Stakeholder Support Division shall be responsible to lead the definition, coordination and maintenance of Agency plans in support of European Aviation. S/he shall maintain the ATM Master Plan and architecture. S/he shall cooperate with European organisations and stakeholders and contribute to European aviation harmonisation and interoperability. S/he shall support the delivery of the complete DECMA work programme. S/he will initiate, develop and manage a complex range of multi-national / multi-stakeholder projects. S/he will contribute to making the Agency a central player in European aviation. S/he will manage teams of approximately 100 staff.
- lead the definition, coordination and maintenance of the Agency’s plans in support of European aviation, and ensure its continuity as a key instrument for aviation;
- identify strategic partnerships including those non-European States which could be beneficial to the European aviation community;
- negotiate and lead the technical relations with key ATM partners (EASA, ICAO, SJU, EC, etc.) and with potential new international partners, and cooperate with them, in support of their activities, through work programmes, agreements and memoranda of cooperation;
- manage the Division’s activities and resources (staff and budget) while promoting strong coordination and collaboration with the Agency’s services;
- lead the Agency’s contribution and technical support to SJU international activities;
- manage the outbound secondees of the Agency and strengthen coordination with Member States & ECAC states via the Agency’s inbound & outbound secondment;
- coordinate and support the overall bid, contractual and execution process related to research (up to and including industrialization) projects/programmes in close collaboration with NMD and MUAC;
- support the management and delivery of the DECMA Work Programme and Business Planning (with main focus on SESAR);
- develop and maintain excellent and effective relations with stakeholders and represent the Agency in internal/external high-level groups;
- communicate effectively on the Agency’s capabilities, competencies, services, products and successes.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain, e.g. engineering, law, international relations, financial, business administration, etc., or a professional training of an equivalent level.
- In addition to the above, a minimum of 18 years’ relevant professional experience, including 10 years in management or strategic activities, with a focus on planning and delivery of multi-national, multi-organisation projects in an effective manner with stakeholder buy-in. Combined experience in marketing, project management, finance, technology, training, business/master planning is a strong asset.
- Proficiency in leading large-scale programs, especially in the aviation environment.
- Senior management experience in multi-organisation technical projects and in multi-national cooperation programmes (for example in ANSPs, training, etc.)
- Senior management experience in bringing new technology programmes from initiation to implementation at multi-national level, with multiple stakeholders in a complex multi-regulatory environment
- Senior management experience in securing projects, evolving organisations and delivering change management programmes
- Experience in preparing corporate and business plans.
- Experience in Air Traffic Management (ATM).
- Strong grasp of project economics and planning, and commercial viability of a project. Ability to delivery projects to timescale and budget.
- A wide range of service contacts in the industry is an advantage.
- Knowledge of relevant European Commission programmes.
- Understanding of the aviation sector, its challenges, actors and networks.
- Stakeholder management skills.
- Ability to be a team player in EUROCONTROL
- Ability to lead and build a strong and effective team and show direction
- Strong effective communicator and ability to deliver at strategic, technical and operational level
- Ability to develop and influence strategic visions, plans and outcomes
- Ability to build alliances, project teams, and consortiums
- Ability to shape projects and generate ideas.
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment.
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach.
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, thorough knowledge of English and satisfactory knowledge of the other language to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties are required.