Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
This position is responsible for managing all aspects of the quality engineering function, including ensuring quality control and engineering methods comply with applicable regulations and meet GKN Aerospace standards.
- Independently work through various issues with first article inspection reports for multiple customers
- Communicate directly with customers to resolve Quality issues**
- In depth understanding of customer specifications and working knowledge of quality investigation tools.
- Lead investigations for internal manufacturing issues
- Support and propose continuous improvement activities
- Assess corrective actions and quality data to identify trends.
- Create and provide trainings for procedures, business, and manufacturing processes
- Utilize SPC Data to drive process improvements
- Maintain and improve a quality management system to remain in compliance with customer standards, ISO9001, ISO14001, and AS9100. Includes maintenance of the OMS system.
- Ensure customer findings are addressed by all cross functional groups
- Perform internal and product audits according to customer and GKN internal requirements (workstation, FOD, etc.)
- Facilitate customer and third party audits at the Newington site
- Lead the site’s quarterly Corrective Action/Preventative Action (CAPA) meetings. Participate in contract reviews and kick-off meetings and provide guidance for fulfilling customer-specific requirements
- Oversee M&TE calibration process along with calibration (i.e. DPRV, eye exams, etc.)
- Qualifies inspection personnel
- Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Mechanical, Aerospace, Civil, Chemical)
- 1+ years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Aerospace experience is highly preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to apply a deep understanding of customer requirements in an effort to support new product qualification
- Relevant experience with managing root cause and corrective action events.
- Ability to manage projects to completion and function in a team environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Organizational and teaming skills.
- Knowledge of SAP preferred.
- Strong computer skills (MSWord, Excel)
- GKN experience preferred.