Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
The Senior Manufacturing Engineer will support operational and development Programs to enable and deliver zero defect projects utilizing superior engineering and problem solving skills. They will deliver robust, capable manufacturing process technology as it applies to both materials, tooling, part fabrication and assembly.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
- Develop technical solutions to complex problems
- Responsible for technical support of manufacturing development and integration for production. Resolve issues pertaining to vendor schedule and/or quality.
- Utilize root cause analysis, preventative and corrective action to reduce/eliminate non-conformances.
- Responsible for the implementation of tooling and or production planning, from original concept through to production. Design these processes with a high degree of process capabilty utilizing the GKN standard Manufacturing Engineering tool suite to demonstrate as such.
- Accountable for product development, new product quotes, tool fabrication quotes, first article development, configuration changes that involve cost estimation, schedule coordination, build process definition, and implementation
- Lead engineering teams to delivers measurable, metrics driven results in line with Value Stream and Program goals.
- Maintain positive, team relationships with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers
- Continuously improve production processes by implementing Lean initiatives
- Performs other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required Qualifications:
- B.S. degree in Engineering or in lieu of a degree 10+ years of Education and Industry experience.
- 5+ years’ experience in the manufacturing engineering field
- Ability to obtain and maintain a secret security clearance.
- U.S. Citizen per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Active Secret Security Clearance preferred.
- Relentless and results driven performer with a Continuous Improvement mind-set.
- A dynamic individual with a high level of energy, a proactive self-starter who is confident and able to work independently.
- Proven capability to work independently in a range of different manufacturing environments.
- Superior interpersonal skills, delivers information clearly and factually. Capable of adjusting to situation or audience.
- Team worker with aptitude for mentoring and coaching.
- Demonstrates personal leadership skills; high performance behaviors, self-initiative, excellent work ethic, exercises good judgment, influencing, negotiation and collaboration.