Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Quality Engineer will be responsible for supporting the plant’s efforts to drive a proactive culture of enhanced, consistent compliance, as well as being a catalyst for change and continuous improvement. This person will aim toward developing real-world solutions and implementing those solutions, requiring relentless follow-up and continuous improvement.
- Production Support:
- Improve and maintain customer quality ratings
- Support collection of data to reduce cost of poor quality
- Facilitate root cause analysis and problem resolution within manufacturing cells
- Conduct system audits
- Disposition non-conforming product and ensure corrective actions are generated
- Manufacturing process knowledge
- Quality Systems Oversight:
- Conduct Contract Reviews (Commercial and Government)
- Conduct system and process audits
- Maintenance of Quality Manual
- Ensure FAA compliance
- New Product Introduction:
- Create Quality Plans
- Generate Acceptance Test Procedures
- Identify quality control points and error proofing (poke-yoke) for new products
- Generate first article inspection plans in accordance with AS9102
- Perform statistical analysis in accordance with AS9103
- Required Qualifications:
- 2+ years’ experience in Quality Engineering or a Quality Position
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or 10 + years of Quality Experience
- US Citizenship
- Preferred Qualifications:
- Quality Accreditation (i.e., Internal Auditor, QMS)
- Experienced with Quality systems experience (AS9100, inspection, FAI, PRB / MRB) highly preferred.
- Experienced in root cause/corrective action.
- Lean and Continuous Improvement skills with background/certification in Lean Six Sigma
- Ability to read drawing, interpret specifications, and understanding of ANSI 14.5
- Experience with MS Office program and Minitab preferred.