Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Aerospace Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Team Leader is responsible for leading and directing aerospace factory employees across multi-functions and/or multi-shifts. The Team Leader will emphasize total employee involvement through team building and accountability, skill development and technical training, quality focus, cost management, delivery schedule and customer satisfaction.
- Provide daily leadership in an aerospace factory work environment and coordinate all required activities associated with an assigned product line(s), work centers and manufacturing departments.
- Develop and deliver plans that meet internal and external customer schedule requirements.
- Prepare and implement plans that best optimize the use of available resources.
- Develop innovative problem resolution processes and encouraging new ideas and methods; utilize standard aerospace problem solving tools such as Root Cause Corrective Action, 5 Whys, Fishbone Diagrams, etc.
- Ensure adequate resources are available for the team to produce products that meet established quality, schedule and delivery objectives.
- Plan with information from your team, program management, production planning & control, purchasing, quality assurance, engineering and finance the daily and/or weekly activities and priorities.
- Work to ensure that we are continually improving manufacturing processes and procedures, with technical assistance from tooling, engineering, finance, and materials.
- Manage factory hourly personnel
- Perform other duties, tasks and responsibilities as assigned.
- Required Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree related discipline, or 5 years of factory supervisory experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree.
- 3 years of experience in leadership positions (Lead Man, Team Leader or Supervisor) in a manufacturing environment OR at least 5-7 years of non-leadership manufacturing experience.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements
- MUST HOLD AN ACTIVE SECRET CLEARANCE OR HAVE THE ABILITY TO OBTAIN ONE
- Preferred Experience:
- GKN experience
- Aerospace manufacturing experience