Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Education and STEM
About this job
The Training and Certification Coordinator provides administrative and co-ordination support to the Lean Academy Team in developing and delivering the Lean Training and Certification program for all of GKN Aerospace.
They are responsible for assisting with the organisation and management of a range of Training and Certification activities along with assisting in the creation and maintenance of a GKN Aerospace Lean Body of Knowledge.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Help coordinate the delivery of internal and external training solutions:
- Work with Lean Centre of Excellence team members experts on training material/programme design.
- Produce and maintain clear documentation for training courses/programmes.
- Liaise with training providers/external suppliers.
- Administer, design and implement appropriate evaluation arrangements for all aspects of the Lean Training and Certification Program.
- Coordinate training sessions and act as a point of contact for delegates/managers.
- Coordinate the evaluation process at the end of L&D programmes/courses.
- Organise room bookings, internally and externally.
- Support induction arrangements for Lean Academy staff.
- Co-ordinate meetings with various stakeholders, writing up and taking action upon any minutes.
- Assist with the preparation of presentations/materials for meetings.
- General administration support including reports, presentations, training guides and spreadsheets.
- Process invoices and expenses for the Lean Academy.
Data Management and Reporting:
- Manage HR Learning & Development (L&D) systems and ensure course details/learning resources are kept up-to-date.
- Manage the necessary IT/L&D systems to enable accurate recording of training and other relevant data and to produce reports.
- Create events and classes in GKN Academy for enrolment, sending invitations and managing attendance levels.
- Maintain and report on a set of key performance indicators (KPIs) in relation Training and Certification.
- Provide regular and ad-hoc reports to stakeholders on training statistics and enrolment levels.
- Travel to other sites within the GKN Aerospace Division (UK and overseas), in accordance with job requirements.
- Experience of delivering administrative processes to a high level within a professional working environment.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Computer literate – advanced working knowledge of Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal, at all organisational levels.
- Practical, analytical and problem solving.
- High attention to detail and accuracy within work.
- The ability to prepare high quality reports, presentations and information for leadership.
- Ability to build strong relationships across the business with all stakeholders and influence people.
- Previous administration experience within a Learning and Development (L&D) environment.
- Relevant Learning and Development experience such as coordinating a range of L&D programmes gained through working in an L&D/HR team.
- An understanding of Continuous Improvement / Lean in engineering or manufacturing.
- Experience of working with external vendors.
- Experience of using and maintaining L&D/HR information systems.
- Experience working in an Engineering or Aerospace environment.
- Experience of working within a global, or multi-site organisation.