Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Team Leader is accountable for achieving the People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost targets through the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model. The Team Leader is accountable for attaining Operational Excellence across their designated area of responsibility, in line with the Performance Centre objectives. The Team Leader is accountable for creating a ‘great place to work’ through developing first class Team Members and driving a culture of continuous improvement, safe working and open dialogue.
There are 1st, 2nd and 3rd shift opportunities.
- Role modelling a culture that is aligned to the GKN Aerospace “Great Place to Work” value drivers and Culture Principles
- Exemplifying a safety-first mindset and ensuring that the GKN Aerospace Health, Safety and Environmental policies and standards are applied and that their assigned areas are a model of a world class healthy and safe working environment
- Developing first-class Team Members who are readily able to progress to become Team Leaders, when required, and who embody the GKNA culture principles
- Leading and developing their teams in the delivery of People, Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cash and Cost (PSQDCC) targets, meeting customer and stakeholder commitments
- Driving the disciplined and rigorous deployment of the Lean Operating Model (LOM) across their assigned areas, with active involvement in problem solving and the management system. ‘Go to Gemba’ is the approach taken to understand and solve problems
- Contributing to the Value Stream future state design, and ensuring its execution across their assigned areas
- Holding the functional support staff accountable for adhering to the Global standards and enabling their area teams to meet their targets
- Ensuring the disciplined execution of Daily Management and Standardised work through the conscientious adherence to Leader Standard Work
- Complying with all legal and regulatory requirements and ensuring that staff are aware of the policies and their individual responsibilities and accountabilities:
- The company’s Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policies
- Compliance and Ethics Policy on Contracting with the United States Government in all areas of responsibility involving direct and indirect contracting with the United States Government
- Export Control regulations
- Required Experience:
- Bachelors degree, or equivalent, in an Engineering or Science discipline or 5 years of production/operations or engineering leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Minimum of 2 years production/operations or engineering leadership experience in a manufacturing environment.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Preferred Experience:
- GKN experience
- Excellent performance as a Team member, demonstrating rigorous adherence to standardised work, and a track record of Kaizen implementation
- A good understanding of metric driven performance management
- The demonstrated ability to influence across functional lines
- Potential to lead, coach and mentor direct reports
- An effective communicator and an influential team member