Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
Roke are currently recruiting for an account management professional within their Commercial Business Unit, with experience of selling solutions in a professional engineering services business. This is an exciting opportunity to make a big impact in a fast growing part of the Roke business.
You will be selling our portfolio of services into multiple sectors including aerospace, energy, manufacturing and transport, applying Roke’s world leading technologies in sensing and machine situational awareness, as well as cyber, to solve complex client problems.
Roke is a highly respected world class organisation with strong existing clients in the UK private & public sector. The business currently has a healthy pipeline and you’ll take the lead in creating and implementing a sales and partner development campaign to deliver further growth for the Commercial part of the business.
- Development, implementation and execution of sales growth strategies through direct and partner sales campaigns
- Effectively managing a number of new & existing key clients to maximise revenue and customer value
- Managing direct and partner sales/bids and quotes in line with company process
- Managing and influencing direct client and partner requirements and expectations
- Manage Sales Engineer interactions with partners and clients to resolve technical issues and ensure successful bids
- Achieving/exceeding allocated sales order and profit targets, pipeline management, forecasting and budgeting
- Provision of market intelligence, support, feed and actively contribute to the Roke CRM systems
- Contribute to the development of the Commercial business unit strategy
- Demonstrable experience in direct sales of technical services and products, ideally in the High Value Manufacturing, Energy, Transportation or Aerospace markets
- Expert at developing strong client relationships at a senior levels and supporting this with detailed account development strategies and plans
- Entrepreneurial mind-set with a well-rounded knowledge of direct and partner sales strategy and a drive to succeed
- Ability to quickly understand business challenges from the clients perspective and provide innovative solutions, talking in their language
- Exceptional verbal and written communications and negotiating skills, including the ability to present to senior management/executives.
- The ability to be effective in both local and remote team leadership
- A good appreciation of digital technologies and cyber
- Strong analytical skills
- Willingness to travel and on occasion stay away from home
Why should you work with us?
- We offer you a competitive salary and benefits package
- A performance related bonus scheme, which we accompany with a clearly defined and fair review process
- Company funded private medical insurance, for you and your family, in addition to a contributory pension that will allow you to effectively save for the future
- Employee assistance program
- A whole host of flexible benefits to include travel insurance and dental care
Due to the nature of this position, we require you to be eligible to achieve BPSS clearance.
We are committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity, Diversity, and Inclusion, our working environment is friendly, creative and inclusive, we can accommodate flexible working arrangements, and support a diverse work-force and those with additional needs