Field(s) of expertise
Aerospace Engineering Space Systems Engineering
About this job
We are looking for a systems engineer for our UK office. The candidate will be responsible for the entire product development lifecycle of space subsystems, leading feasibility study, prototyping, engineering, testing, and production, in coordination with the management and the production team. He or she will be the point of contact with the marketing and sales team, providing technical support in defining the marketing strategy and answering prospective customer’s questions. As the main interface with prospective clients, the systems engineer will participate in proposal writing and business development by providing the client’s point of view, ensuring the fulfilment of their needs.
- Lead the development of space subsystems;
- Supporting proposal writing;
- Perform feasibility study, prototyping, engineering, testing, and production, in coordination with the production team;
- Ensure that the product is properly documented;
- Manage resource allocation in coordination with the management;
- Establish and maintain relationships with suppliers;
- Provide technical support to the sales and marketing team;
- Answer prospective customer’s technical questions.
- Three-year experience in subsystem and component development;
- Professional knowledge of CAD design;
- First-hand knowledge of systems engineering;
- Hands-on experience in electro-mechanical prototyping.
- Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Good proficiency in the English language is required; other ESA languages are considered a plus.