Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft. GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The External Relations Manager (EU & Netherlands) shares responsibility for the creation and delivery of GKN Aerospace’s External Relations Strategy with EU institutions and in the Netherlands, as well as the management of relationships with all relevant governments, public bodies, trade and industry groups and funding bodies. This role supports the securing of funding for R&D and new capex investments either with the EU or in the Netherlands, gaining Dutch Government support for new business opportunities and identifying and responding to legislative and regulatory threats and opportunities in the Netherlands and at an EU level.
- To co-create and implement an External Relations strategy that meets the needs of the business at an EU level, within the Netherlands and in other countries of interest where the Netherlands has influence.
- To support the identification and analysis of political, social, economic and ecological issues at an EU level and in the Netherlands to assist the strategy process of GKN Aerospace.
- To be share responsibility for the reputation management of GKN Aerospace with Government, public bodies, trade and industry groups, and funding bodies at an EU level and in the Netherlands.
- Working with Business Line presidents, the Director of External Relations, the other External Relations Manager (EU & NL) and VP Engineering & Technology to implement a strategy to secure public funding for R&D at an EU level and in the Netherlands.
- Working with Business Line presidents the Director of External Relations, the other External Relations Manager (EU & NL) and BD to develop and implement a lobbing strategy (including the successful influence of senior public stakeholders) to support new business pursuits in the Netherlands.
- Working with the Regional COO, the Director of External Relations, the other External Relations Manager (EU & NL) and relevant plant managers to develop and implement a strategy for significant footprint changes in the Netherlands with either the aim or securing funding support from public sources or protecting the reputation of GKN aerospace with Government stakeholders.
- To assist in the monitoring of legislative and regulatory issues at and EU level and in the Netherlands, and where necessary working with the Director of External Relations and the other External Relations Manager (EU & NL) formulate a response to these issues.
- Excellent communication and influencing skills with an ability to influence and persuade with the most senior levels of the business and external stakeholders.
- Highly able to establish effective and collaborative relations with other areas and departments of the business and externally with other businesses.
- An intimate working knowledge of the Dutch and EU political systems with at least 5 years of relevant experience.
- A proven team player with the ability to motivate and achieve objectives even where there is no management control.
- The ability to navigate complex organisations and issues and with support to find solutions to multifaceted problems.
- Fluent in Dutch and English, both written and spoken.
- Educated to a degree level in a relevant subject.
- A good understanding of the aerospace sector.
- Fluency in a relevant second language (French, German, Swedish) would be an asset.
- Regular domestic travel and travel to Brussels.
- Occasional international travel.