Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Provide leadership and direction to deliver a successful business development strategy to include developing and retaining long-term relationships with major customer(s), Department of Defense (DoD) and other applicable entities within Washington D.C. Beltway and surrounding area by serving as the top-level business development and sales representative aligned with Defense customer facing program organizations, country and campaigns organization while reporting into the Defense Strategy organization. This role will have direct engagement and coordination with the government relations Washington D.C. team.
- Partners with VP Defense Business Strategy to develop vision, mission and strategy for the defense strategic campaigns.
- Responsible for the long-term customer strategy and DoD Strategy working with Customer Program and Country and Campaigns organizations.
- Lead and define engagement within the Washington D.C. Beltway and surrounding area to enhance current customer alignment as well as support strategy for market growth.
- Provides proactive internal and customer-focused capture strategies in the pursuit of new opportunities working with the Defense Strategy organization.
- Build and maintain effective customer and industry network. Seeks to understand the customer’s decision making process and key decision makers.
- Reports to VP Business Line Strategy to gather and analyze intelligence regarding customers’, markets, products, services as well as relevant future trends and drivers.
- Identifies business development opportunities by studying competitor products, technical problems, market intelligence, and identifying trends. Maintains a working knowledge of key variables affecting the marketplace and key aerospace customers.
- Prepare business capture plans and customer briefings, including outlines of contract and pricing strategies, based on customer knowledge.
- Champions the GKN Aerospace 5 culture principles.
- 10+ years of applicable experience in business development, including experience in an OEM or military setting, as well as significant professional growth and an established network in defense and/or aerospace required.
- Ability to travel 50% or more required.
- Must be a U.S. citizen.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Science or Business or closely-related area preferred.
- Business Development Management experience preferred.
- Aerospace or aviation industry-related sales, customer service, commercial, or programs experience preferred.
- Extensive ability to manage and direct business development programs with directly related experience in aerospace engine sales, marketing and business development on a global basis experience managing large clients in the aerospace industry.
- Broad-based technical and business knowledge of the aerospace industry, including experience working with aerospace MROs, OEMs and/or operating customers.
- A demonstrated ability to enhance margins and work in partnership with the customer to address their needs. Ability to be a leader in change management, demonstrate strong aptitude to proactively identify problems and propose effective solutions.
- Demonstrated leadership and the proven ability to develop and maintain productive customer relationships within the global.
- A proven ability to run a customer focused organization with a history in both developing and negotiating agreements/working with proposals and contracts.
- Ability to operate and influence at all levels both internally and externally.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to anticipate future trends based on market intelligence.
- Ability to challenge mindsets.