GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Contracts Administrator will analyze customer RFP/RFQs, coordinate proposal activities, negotiate and administer contracts of sale and other terms of business. Review and support RFPs/RFQs for both New Business activities and follow-on business capture. Work independently on high dollar value proposals, negotiations and other complex contractual issues.
PRE CONTRACT ANALYSIS
1) Evaluate and assess risk for proposed new business.
2) Ensure new business meets company business objectives; driving “bid/no-bid” business case reviews.
3) Contribute to preparation of business cases evaluating investment, profitability and returns of new contracts.
4) Host or support proposal kickoff meetings among internal stakeholders.
5) Prepare final proposals to submit to customers, both Commercial and Government, in accordance with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR) and Truth in Negotiations Act (TINA) as required.
6) Serve as liaison between GKN and our customers for pricing and contractual matters.
7) Perform Cost and Pricing data analysis to inform decision making at executive levels.
8) Develop and maintain historical data to support new proposals; assess basis of estimates (BOE) as compared to actual cost results.
9) Develop and execute negotiation plans with customers, including contract definitization schedules as needed.
10) Negotiate sales contracts including pricing and other terms of business with customers.
11) Prepare non-disclosure and other company agreements where appropriate.
12) Negotiating contracts with customers to include risk mitigation provisions (limitation of liability, alternative dispute terms, indemnification, audit terms, change provisions, supplier oversight, etc.) where appropriate.
13) Negotiation, coordination, fact finding, and resolution of all issues with the customers pertaining to contractual matters.
CONTRACT MANAGEMENT & REVIEW
14) Review all customer Contracts and Purchase Orders and issue internal GKN Work Authorization for distribution throughout the company.
15) Contract Administration, including coordination of changes with the customers, reporting as needed, assistance in cash collection and other administrative matters.
16) Interact with customers and internal company disciplines to maintain contract compliance.
Required Education and Experience:
Additional Experience and Qualifications: