Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Aerospace Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Cost competitiveness and the deployment of Strategic Pricing is a key requirement for GKN Aerospace to secure new business and retain existing business while driving the best return from our investments in people, technology and capital. This role will be tasked with ensuring GKN Aerospace Defense Business Line leads the industry in offering best value offerings to our customers across our product and service offerings.
- Evaluate gaps in the competitiveness of our offerings and provide concrete plans to regain best in class offerings to not only close the gaps, but to set new market standards.
- Set strategic pricing for these offerings based on an evaluation of our competitiveness to drive maximum return on our investments.
- Recommend changes to our industrial structure and the deployment of new manufacturing technology to maintain a competitive edge for the business.
- Identify opportunities to move into new markets and offerings where our capabilities may allow us to open new markets or displace others.
- Maintain a comprehensive database that benchmarks the competitiveness of our product and service offerings against our current and potential future competitors.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, technical business administration, business economics or a related field or lieu of the degree 10+ years pricing and cost management experience manufacturing or aerospace industry.
- 5+ years pricing and cost management experience manufacturing or aerospace industry.
- U.S. person per ITAR regulations.
- GKN experience.
- Knowledge of production processes and techniques, materials, tools, drawing systems, technical manuals, (military) regulations and the like.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Affinity for costs and models.
- Independent judgment and interpretation of the calculation outcomes and can clearly convey insights of the result and the relevant aspects within the quotation team and to other stakeholders.
- Can handle time constraints and working to tight timelines.
- Basic knowledge of project management (incl. Risk management).