Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
An exciting opportunity for a Commercial Officer has become available at our Aerospace manufacturing site in Luton.
The Commercial Officer will be required to maximise growth and minimise risk in all commercial opportunities. They will be required to ensure commercial governance and compliance from GKN’s commercial policies and procedures, manage customer POs and contracts, as well as the commercial aspects of related change management for the programme(s) under their control. The successful candidate will help identify commercial opportunities in and outside the programmes for exploitation with current and new customers.
- Seek commercial opportunities to improve both programme gross margin whilst maintaining/enhancing customer relationships.
- Be the commercial governance and “gate keeper” for the contracts/ POs related to the programmes.
- Provide commercial governance and monitor the effective implementation of change through engineering, manufacturing, programme management and other internal processes.
- Be subject matter expert on all contract and commercial issues within the IPTs.
- Undertake all aspects of contract changes including impact analysis, creation of contractual, commercial business case, customer negotiation, administration and subsequent implementation.
- Be accountable in conjunction with the Programme Manager for gross margin of the programme and manage impact of contractual changes to increase margin where practical.
- To effectively manage the customer contracts for the program.
- Generate the business cases and create the GKN business model both at bid stage and for all contract related changes.
- Contract review and minor administration of all POs related to the programme.
- Present, negotiate and document the changes to the contract with the customer and internally.
- Ensure all changes are reflected within contracts with suppliers and customer.
- Prioritization of tasks to meet deadlines and able to provide relevant management information.
- Setting expectations and agreeing response time with internal teams to meet customer expectations.
- Any other reasonable duties as required.
- Experience in negotiation.
- Experience of working with complex technical and engineering issues.
- Experience of working with and leading/influencing multi-disciplinary cross functional teams.
- Working with commercial contracts, on a long term project/program basis.
- Previous experience of forming effective partnerships with customers.
- Understand contracts and legal terminology.
- Ability and experience in working on ambiguous problems or problems with limited definition and able to structure a consolidated and detailed solution.
- Business Modelling.
- Must be capable of handling commercial negotiations with customers.
- Flexible and able to work to changing deadlines.
- Ability to manage multiple, unrelated and simultaneous tasks and work autonomously and able to set priorities of own work and the work of internal stakeholders.
- Ability to plan and manage priorities such to ensure timely receipt of inputs and responses.
- Computer literate (Microsoft Office Suite) – Excel/Powerpoint a “must”.
- Business related degree or similar would be an advantage.
- IACCM qualification would be an advantage.