Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Export Compliance Officer is responsible for the oversight of trade compliance at the site. This is a full time role and reports to the Site Manager (who is accountable for all trade compliance activities conducted from the site and covers export control and sanctions, anti-bribery & corruption) with a functional reporting line to the Regional Export Compliance Manager.
- Ensure implementation of trade compliance requirements including the Export Control Framework and any Technology Control Plan at Facility level including:
- Provision for segregation and protection from disclosure of controlled data
- Flow down policies and implement procedures within the Facility, including badging
- Oversight of transfer of Items – Ensure all material received by or exported or transferred from the Facility are correctly classified, appropriately controlled and records are maintained in a retrievable format of:
- Such classifications
- All authorizations for export or transfer
- Fully signed documents when applicable
- Exports against any authorizations
- Briefing of employees involved in any export activity
- Ensure mandatory training is provided and tracking of training is maintained in a retrievable manner.
- Ensure appropriate licensing and export authorization management of Items including but not limited to Applications, Tracking expiration and decrements and Communicating license provisos and restrictions
- Providing any required or requested reporting to the Regional Export Compliance Manager and Assistant General Counsel Global Trade Compliance and Site Manager
- Perform Facility self-assessments
- Participate as requested in any investigation or audit
- Develop and implement continuous improvement actions to address any issues arising out of investigations, disclosures, governmental visits, audits and identified deficiencies.
- Oversight and support of employees involved in any export activity
- Additional roles and responsibilities as suitably authorized by the Regional Export Compliance Manager
- Act as the Duly Authorized Executive reviewing Anti Bribery matters for the site.
- Bachelor’s Degree in business or manufacturing discipline OR in lieu of a degree, 4 years of experience working with U.S. Government export control laws, regulations and policies, specifically ITAR and EAR.
- 2 years experience working with U.S. Government export control laws, regulations and policies, specifically ITAR and EAR.
- Must be a US Citizen due to program security clearance requirements and/or SSA requirements.
- Must have an active DoD Secret Clearance or the ability to obtain one.
- GKN experience.
- ITAR & EAR Certificates of Training strongly preferred.
- Have a working knowledge of export regulations applicable to the Facility.
- Be comfortable with making decisions and answering questions about compliance issues on a Facility level.
- Be able to classify parts and data existing at the Facility.
- Be able to submit licenses for military items and dual use/EAR items.
- Be able to provide onsite training for all hands, new hires, and general export overview.
- Be able to support investigation of alleged violations at Facility.
- Eligibility to assume “empowered official” responsibilities as established by the US Department of Defense Trade Compliance.
- Be able to self-assess Facility and assess other sites within region for export compliance, develop, and implement continuous improvement actions based upon such assessment.