Field(s) of expertise
Marketing and Sales
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Business Modelling Specialist provides business modelling expertise, guidance, training and support for Business Case development for new bids and business opportunities across all customer Businesses and IPT’s under the Defense Business. They will generate Business Models within the Bids & Proposals Defense Business Line team as agreed with customer IPT’s in conjunction with IPT Commercial staff ensuring modelling is undertaken in line with applicable finance accounting policies and applicable policies and procedures. They will also provide expert support, guidance, training and deployment of the GKN Aerospace Business Model to ensure correct use of the GKN Aerospace Business Model by IPT staff, as well as ensure business unit compliance with statutory, GKN Aerospace governance.
- Generate Business Models as part of the Bids & Proposals Business Line team as directed by VP Strategy and agreed with customer Business IPT’s in conjunction with IPT staff.
- Provide expert support and guidance on the GKN Aerospace Business Model to ensure correct use of the GKN Aerospace Business Model by IPT staff.
- Ensure Business Models generated comply with Aerospace and Business Lines policies and procedures.
- Ensure the business models generated are compliant where applicable with military standards including the military cost compliance regulations (FAR/CAS).
- Verify, analyse and challenge cost and price inputs (including fact-finding) provided by estimators, IPT and Operational team members.
- Provide analysis, critical review and validation of Business Models generated to ensure modelling approach and outputs are robust, in line with accounting policies, achievable and incorporate appropriate consideration of contract, programme, technical and manufacturing risk.
- Supports an optimal financial balance (investment, cash flow, break-even, OPBI) within the GKN Aerospace Business Model to define a (minimum) selling price in order to maximise the sales opportunity.
- Ensure on-time delivery of necessary data and business model in accordance with proposal plans including escalation of priority as needed.
- Provide financial analysis of Business Models created generating the outputs required to support the Commercial Gate Review Process for Bid review and approval.
- Provide training and undertake effective deployment of the GKN Aerospace Business Model across all the Market Sector Business and IPTs.
- Maintain a robust database and appropriate record keeping of business models including configuration management.
- Support the development of updates and improvements to the GKN Aerospace Business Model and any other business modelling tools required in conjunction with the GBPO Commercial.
- Extensive experience in Business Modelling.
- Excellent Analytical and Problem solving skills.
- Extensive knowledge of accounting policies and in particular those associated with Revenue recognition, Non Recurring accounting for expensing and capitalisation.
- Good understanding of business cost allocation rules, charging rates, operational processes and performance levels.
- Excellent team working skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate effectively across all levels of the business from Market Sector Business Line President down.