Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
The Team Leader is responsible for leading and directing associates engaged in the laminating and assembly of composite products for delivery, which may be multi-functional and/or multi-shift. Position will emphasize total employee involvement through; team building and accountability, skill development and technical training, quality focus, cost management, delivery schedule and customer satisfaction.
Provide leadership and coordination of activities associated with an assigned product line or department by:
- Developing and delivering plans that meet internal and external customer requirements.
- Preparing and implementing plans that best optimize the use of available resources.
- Representing the team at meetings with customers, vendors or company management.
- Developing innovative problem resolution processes and encouraging new ideas and methods.
- Ensuring adequate resources are available for the team to produce products that meet established quality, schedule and delivery objectives.
- Planning with information from your team, production planning, purchasing, QA, engineering and finance the daily and/or weekly activities and priorities.
- Develop and maintain for the team a set of clearly defined performance objectives that involve the following areas of individual and team accountability: workplace safety, quality, cost, schedule, process, attendance, cleanliness, and HAZMAT handling & disposal, housekeeping, performance measurements and timely problem resolution.
- Develop competencies within the department or product line that focus on: technical skills and continuous manufacturing process improvement, developing an understanding of our overall business and financial (cost and asset) management objectives, team communication and problem solving techniques, team flexibility, cross training and personal motivation to achieve world class quality, financial, and schedule performance.
- Work to ensure that we are continually improving manufacturing processes and procedures, with technical assistance from tooling, engineering, finance, and materials.
- 5+ years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Associate Degree in business management or Industrial Technology desired.
- 2+ years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Proven leadership either by project work or by management of teams.
- Training or work experience in planning and prioritizing multiple tasks and/or work assignments.