Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Fokker Elmo Research & Technology department is looking for an ambitious Electrical Engineer that wants to apply his/her theoretical background to future Electrical (Wiring) Interconnection Systems for aircraft. In search for green and silent air transport aviation, there is currently a massive increase in the number of Hybrid and Electric aircraft in development. This provides specific challenges (e.g. Thermal and EMI/EMC) to the Electrical Interconnection System, including its interaction with other electrical systems and the aircraft as a whole. This position also includes research to other potential disruptive innovations such as Wireless Technologies for aircraft and support to other Technology projects requiring similar (Electrical Engineering) expertise.
A full-time position at the Research & Technology department of Fokker Elmo, which develops future technologies to be applied in new process- and/or product innovations. The Fokker Elmo Technology department is part of GKN Aerostructures & Systems Europe & ASIA (ASEA).
The position is expected to include participation in European research in collaboration with universities and research institutes, enabling the industrial maturation of latest technologies.
Knowledge, experience and qualifications:
- Master degree in Electrical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering or other related discipline for this role;
- Knowledge of Power Distribution Networks and architectures and (Hybrid) Electric Propulsion concepts desired;
- Knowledge of (EMC) characteristics of different types of electrical signals and power connections;
- Knowledge of physical phenomena related to High Power application in aerospace environments;
- Knowledge of and/or experience with the design process, analysis of complex data, integration of (electric) systems and laboratory equipment operation desired.
- Ability to apply electric/electronic engineering principles into the design aircraft and its electrical systems, including the understanding of the mutual interdependencies between them;
- Ability to translate electric/electronic engineering knowledge into the design of new technical solutions within applicable aircraft requirements;
- Experience with Computer Aided Design / Engineering (CAD/CAE) tools, with emphasis on electrical and multi-physics simulations including Thermal- and EMC;
- A self-starter with good communication skills is a must.
- Analytical ability: able to think at an abstract level and identify interrelationships;
- Innovative: has creative ideas to improve processes and products, and translating into action;
- Initiative: is proactive, i.e. assertive and takes the initiative to ensure performance and delivery;
- Collaboration: has a constructive approach to the ideas of others and is able to work harmoniously.