Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Aerospace Engineering
About this job
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 50 manufacturing locations in 15 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft.
About the opportunity
GKN Aerospace is a global engineering business. Every time you travel by air almost anywhere in the world, it is likely that GKN is helping you on your way. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for original equipment manufacturers around the world. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to be better in everything we do.
We are looking for people who want to make a difference, talented members with the skills and passions to become the best of the future in what they do.
Direct support for manufacturing processes (Resin Transfer Molding, Fabric Layup, Bonding, Machining, Assembly) with technical responsibility for part fabrication and delivery methods in a fast moving environment. Performs a variety of engineering tasks in daily Manufacturing support through planning, designing and modifying tooling and processes. Resolves production problems and completes required standard work instructions on assigned part(s). Interfaces with customers on technical topics related to assigned part(s).
- Accountable for product/process development and hardening, process refinement/ hardening, conceptual tool fabrication, project scheduling creation and execution, build process definition and implementation.
- Responsible for ensuring manufacturing tools, aides and parts are consistent with company and customer supplied quality assurance and safety standards.
- Responsible for coordinating the transition of tools and processes from design to production in order to verify tooling functionality, suitability, reliability to ensure production part quality on a repeatable basis.
- Key team member of the RCCA team, works discrepancies through root cause analysis and corrective action implementation to ensure effectivity.
- Continuously improves processes via work instructions, statistical process control (SPC), engineering process changes, tooling advances and problem solving tools.
- Develops and implements processes with a Lean Manufacturing mindset to maximize production processes and flow.
- Tracks and resolves issues affecting project or product timeline.
- Maintains positive, teaming relationship with internal and external customers, as well as co-workers.
- Performs analyses to validate manufacturing process efficiency (flow time, costs, quality) identifies and implements most effective solutions through capital, tooling, labor, material and supplies.
- Requires 4 year degree; BS in Engineering (Mechanical, Chemical or Aerospace).
- No experience required.
- U.S. Person per ITAR regulations to comply with export compliance and site SSA requirements.
- Experience in aerospace manufacturing processes, materials, and components preferred.
- Knowledge of tooling, materials, designs, and CAD/CAM.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Outlook).
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.