Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, “Technology” develops and maintains NMD’s mission-critical systems, including all NM ops systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure; and supports the Agency’s IT solutions and services (excluding MUAC).
The “IT Organisation, Coordination & Business Relations Management” service ensures that activities of the Technology Domain are compliant and delivering expected level of quality. The service addresses areas such as budget, contract management, resource capacity management, business relationships, compliance management, risk evaluation, etc.
- Be the main point of contact for the customer community (managers, user representatives) for one or various domains (e.g. HRS, Finance, DECMA, NM) and facilitate the interaction between customers’ and TEC in case of process/governance questions;
- Understand business strategies and translate business functional requirements into technology requirements and solutions (new services or changes of existing ones);
- Collaborate and advise the business on the development of their work programme in areas relating to IT services, and ensure alignment of the TEC roadmap with the business roadmaps;
- Facilitate for the business the application of relevant processes (IT budgeting, cost reporting), provide cost transparency and input to the IT business governance processes;
- Collaborate closely with TEC project managers and architects to ensure business requirements are met as specified;
- Collaborate closely with the TEC service managers to monitor and improve users’ satisfaction with IT services;
- Create a network with user representatives to collect, assess and understand business satisfaction with IT services, business IT requirements and to anticipate and advise on requests for services;
- Promote IT innovations as new enablers for the business;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. engineering, IT, Business Administration);
- In addition, a minimum of 5 years’ relevant working experience in a similar function;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- Experience in strategic project management;
- Relevant experience to carry out the described duties acquired in at least one of the following domains:
- Human Resources, Finance, Communications, Legal or Audit, or
- experience in at least one of the following business domains:
- Network Manager (NM);
- Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation (DECMA);
- Central Route Charges Office (CRCO);
- Maastricht Upper Area Control Centre (MUAC).
- Relationship management;
- Drafting skills;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs;
- Planning & Organising: Plans ahead and adapts as required;
- Networking: Maintains and expands effective networks;
- Problem Solving: Anticipates and solves business issues;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are French and English. For this particular job, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.