Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Network Manager keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The Chief IT Architect shall be responsible to the Chief Technology Officer for the design of IT Solution Strategies and Architecture principles. S/he will address areas such as IT policy, Enterprise Architecture, software and application architecture, data and infrastructure architecture at corporate level. The IT Chief Architect will manage teams of approximately 30+ staff (outsourced staff included).
- Lead the production and maintenance of the IT solution strategies, policies and guidelines;
- Lead the design and act as the guardian of the enterprise architecture of the Agency;
- Lead the design and act as the guardian of application and software architecture solutions, infrastructure architecture solutions and data architecture solutions for all specific IT applications and IT systems of the Agency;
- Define, oversee and manage technical standards, development environments, and all other tools as required for all IT systems and applications;
- Lead and carry out research and analysis of any new IT technologies and innovative concepts required in Agency IT systems and applications, including inter alia artificial intelligence, machine learning, big data, cloud solutions, business intelligence, digital transformation, serving as the Agency’s technology watch pole;
- Develop and implement his/her domain’s strategy, objectives, and work program; and manage its activities and resources (budget and personnel);
- Improve cost efficiency through IT solution strategies;
- Ensure staff is trained on latest technology developments.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain, e.g. Master’s degree in IT, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or in another related field;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 10 years relevant professional experience including 5 years in management or strategic activities;
- Proficiency in the fields of Architecture (enterprise architecture), including the development of strategies and roadmaps;
- Experience in IT architecture and design;
- Knowledge of current and emerging technologies;
- Strategic focus: develops business/service strategy in line with Agency’s strategy;
- Managing people: implements effective people management practices;
- Communication: adapts communication to different situations and audience;
- Innovation and creativity: develops new methods and fosters an innovative climate;
- Leading: provides direction;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.