Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, “Technology” develops and maintains NMD’s mission-critical systems, including all NM ops systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure; and supports the Agency’s IT solutions and services (excluding MUAC).
The Data Governance Specialist will have to set up, implement and ensure adherence to a supported Agency-wide applicable data governance framework to enable the formal management (consuming, contribution, validation, processing, protection, etc.) of data assets. S/he will develop, deploy and enforce relevant processes, policies, practices and standards to ensure proper use and maintenance of data.
- Set up and maintain a data governance framework to allow the formal management of data assets (e.g. better control over data assets, data protection, validation, data quality, etc.);
- Define roles and responsibilities related to data governance, develop and deploy related processes and procedures, and establish a common understanding and visibility of all Agency data assets;
- Oversee the progressive implementation of data governance, ensure adherence to applicable policies, practices and standards (data quality, data protection, etc.), and identify issues and recommend remedial actions;
- Customise an evolving data governance metadata model to cover all aspects of the business technology landscape, including big data and related emerging technologies;
- Develop and maintain an inventory of the enterprise information maps including external data flows, authoritative systems and owners;
- Lead cross-functional data governance activities with the business, IT architects, IT experts, security officers and other key actors, and ensure a common understanding of related business requirements and priorities;
- Constructively challenge requirements and propose value-added solutions in order to meet data governance objectives;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology/Management) or completed university studies of 3 years in a relevant domain plus one year of appropriate professional experience;
- In addition, a minimum of 5 years’ in data management and minimum of 3 years’ in data governance within a complex business environment;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- Professional training and certification in data governance would be a strong advantage;
- Experience in requirements management;
- Understanding of business data;
- (Technical) drafting skills in English;
- IT awareness and impact;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Influencing: Tailors style and approach to impact others;
- Analytical skills: Analyses information and identifies relationships;
- Strategic focus: Aligns action to strategy;
- Problem Solving: Anticipates and solves business issues;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are French and English. For this particular job, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.