Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, “Technology” develops and maintains NMD’s mission-critical systems, including all NM ops systems, the related communications facilities and technical infrastructure; and supports the Agency’s IT solutions and services (excluding MUAC).
The Enterprise Architect advises senior management on the enterprise architecture strategy and plays a vital role in achieving NM’s digital transformation. S/he defines, develops and maintains the enterprise architecture, and maps the enterprise architecture to the core EUROCONTROL aviation processes and underlying application, data and infrastructure architectures.
- Develop, implement and execute processes for the definition, maintenance and conformance management of the enterprise architecture;
- Update and oversee the key enterprise architecture deliverables;
- set up and maintain contacts with business units to understand business activities, drivers, and requirements; consider solution strategies and alternatives for possible implementation, and establish appropriate information system programs;
- Provide architectural leadership in the resolution of inter-program and inter-project issues and advice management, business areas, etc., in particular on business and information integration strategies;
- Create awareness, promote and communicate the enterprise architecture within the “Technology” division and other business units;
- Lead and coordinate all enterprise architecture activities with the business, IT architects, IT experts, etc.;
- Develop and coordinate architecture roadmaps and plans;
- Continuously research and assess new analysis approaches for potential use, and provide recommendations and subject matter expertise regarding trends, technology, tools and services;
- Check compliance within the enterprise architecture and reinforce adherence to standards, policies, procedures, etc.;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Completed university studies of 4 years (Master’s degree) in a relevant domain (e.g. Computer Science, Information Technology);
- Enterprise Architect credentials such as TOGAF, Open CA, ArchiMate, etc. would be advantage;
- A minimum of 10 years’ of relevant enterprise architecture experience to perform the advertised tasks;
- Experience in using Enterprise Architecture frameworks;
- Experience in developing methods and techniques for modelling technologies;
- Experience in mapping business strategy to information strategy;
- Relevant experience acquired in the aviation or air transport industry would be considered an advantage;
- IT awareness and impact;
- Communication: Adapts communication to different situations and audiences;
- Strategic focus: Aligns action to strategy;
- Analytical skills: Applies methodical approach to complex information;
- Problem Solving: Anticipates and solves business issues;
- Customer focus: Adapts services to respond to customer needs;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are French and English. For this particular job, a thorough knowledge of English (oral/written) and a satisfactory knowledge of French to the extent necessary for the performance of the described duties.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.