Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
Within the Network Management Directorate, the Network Manager keeps the network operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible, working closely to support industry actors by providing services, functions, deliverables and training. The Network Manger delivers ATM performance for the pan-European network in the areas of safety, capacity, environment/flight efficiency and cost-effectiveness.
The Head of IT Infrastructure and Operations shall be responsible to the Chief Technology Officer for the support and maintenance of the IT infrastructure and applications, within the agreed service levels. S/he will address areas as application & infrastructure operational support, service desk function, technical H24/7 support, etc. The Head of IT Infrastructure and Operations will manage approximately 100+ Staff (outsourced staff included).
- Manage all technical operations on IT systems, including the underlying infrastructure as well as applications;
- Manage middleware;
- Ensure verification and integration of software;
- Manage the configuration and deployment of software;
- Provide level 1 and level 2 support for all IT systems and applications, including H24/7 technical support as well as rostering of technical support for levels 1,2 and 3;
- Develop and implement his/her domain’s strategy, objectives, and work program; and manage its activities and resources (budget and personnel);
- Improve service levels and cost efficiency;
- Ensure technical staff is trained and certified and aware of latest technology developments.
- Completed university studies of 4 years in a relevant domain, e.g. Master’s degree in an IT, Information Systems, Computer Science, Engineering, or in another related field;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 10 years of relevant working experience including 5 years in management or strategic activities;
- Proficiency in managing an operational support environment with critical systems;
- Experience in managing external providers;
- Problem-solving: solves complex problems and provides effective solutions;
- Customer focus: develops and implements service excellence concepts;
- Managing People: implements effective people management practices;
- Decision-making: assesses the impact of actions and decisions;
- Leading: demonstrates direction;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency, i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The working languages of the Agency are English and French. Thorough knowledge of one of the working languages of the Agency and satisfactory knowledge of the other language.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.