Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance Human Resources and Recruitment
About this job
Within the Division Human Resources and Services, the HRS Secretariat provides secretarial and administrative support to all HR Services namely Workforce Planning & Staff Development, Compensation & Benefits, Health & Wellbeing and Rules & Regulations & Social Dialogue in the execution of their day-to-day duties.
PURPOSE OF THE TRAINEESHIP
You will be tasked with assisting in the provision of secretarial and administrative support including agenda management, filing, filtering calls, drafting general correspondence, preparing files and presentations for meetings, taking notes, managing office supplies.The selected trainee will have the opportunity to gain experience of and participate in the day-to-day business of a busy HR secretariat.
The trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- support internal staff management processes such as leave, flexitime and missions;
- provide secretarial/administrative support to individual projects as required;
- prepare relevant files for team meetings (e.g. collect information, follow-up on actions);
- support the communication of relevant items to management and staff inside and outside the service;
- coordinate actions to organise the necessary meeting facilities and logistics in support of the organisation of meetings and special events;
- develop, maintain and update filing systems as necessary;
- maintain relevant databases.
From 6 to 12 months.
- Diploma in secretarial/administrative studies or currently student in this domain;
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular post, candidates must have a thorough command of both languages (oral / written);
- Good planning and organisational skills and ability to work in a methodical manner;
- Good communication skills, ability to communicate information and express ideas effectively;
- Ability to work in an autonomous manner.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of ECAC Member States only.
- This opportunity falls under the Traineeship Programme Regulations.
- A flat-rate allowance of €900 per month as a contribution towards living expenses will be granted.
- Reimbursement of travel expenses to take up appointment and leave may be covered by means of a lump sum.