Field(s) of expertise
Information Technology Software Engineering
About this job
The EUROCONTROL Experimental Centre (EEC) in Brétigny, France carries out Research and Development in Air Traffic Management (ATM).
Within the Directorate European Civil-Military Aviation in EEC, the Simulation and Validation team is looking for a dynamic trainee to join its team to further develop and improve the ESCAPE Light simulator.
The trainee will participate in the following tasks:
- Develop AI/ML agents to improve the use of the simulations’ BIG DATA;
- Develop (Agile approach) and code new components (JAVA);
- Acquire a sound understanding of the overall architecture of the ATC real-time ESCAPE simulator, and potentially the other simulators (see simulations.eurocontrol.int);
- Participate in the drafting of documentation and user’s manual and, potentially, in the training of the users from academia or research establishments.
From 3 to 6 months.
We are looking for bright students:
- In a masters or bachelors educational programme;
- With a good command of English. Knowing some French would help. Any other language is an advantage;
- With an IT engineering background, ideally with some understanding of air traffic management;
- Who can code in Java and understand data base architecture and graphical user interface;
- Who know how to draft good documentation.