Field(s) of expertise
Mechanical and Manufacturing Engineering Electronics Engineering
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We are looking for a Test Engineer (Automation) to join a team challenged with modernising and transforming applications and services for customer programmes in the UK
Automation Test Engineer role – Building on the existing automation framework and writing automation scripts for the various applications.
This is a fixed term contract until end of 2020.
- Perform research and analysis on processes, applications, systems and data to identify functional requirements for application or system design.
- Consult with customers to clarify and refine requirements.
- Interpret and translate requirements into functional specifications.
- Develop and execute tests to validate system functionality against specifications.
- Performing test automation, planning and reporting.
- Defining automated acceptance tests that prove that the functionality required.
- Writing test scenarios and test cases, logging defects and test reports.
- Defining and maintaining the automation tests for applications.
- Liaising with programme team to write test cases and discuss defects.
- Perform automated and manual test execution.
- Report risks and issues to the test lead and the test manager.
Education & Essential Experience:
- Hands-on experience in automation testing
- Experience of testing (test case development, test planning etc.)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Understanding of aircraft simulation software
- Test Complete experience
- Ideally qualified to degree level or equivalent
- Experience of defence modelling and simulation
- Knowledge of security testing and ability to understand security concepts
- Knowledge of performance testing
- Testing certification from the BCS (e.g. ISTQB-BCS Certified Tester Intermediate Level) or other equivalent institute
Experience of the following tools/technologies:
- Smartbear TestComplete
- HP Quality Centre or ALM
- HLA (High Level Architecture (simulation))
- DIS (Distributed Interactive Simulation)
- VR Forces tool
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.