Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance Aerospace Engineering
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
This new role is based within the Aircraft Interior Design Centre in Frimley, Surrey; where we hold EASA and GCAA Part 21J Design Organisation Approval (DOA). This centre has a highly skilled team of engineers that is growing in 2019.
Previous experience as a Cabin Interior CVE is essential.
Due to expansion, BCASEL are looking for a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) to support the design and certification of aircraft interior & structure modification in respect to the Certification requirements by generation, review and compliance verification of certification documentation and technical drawings for cabin interior modifications to demonstrate compliance with relevant regulatory and customer requirements and procedures defined in the company’s Design Organization Handbook (DOH). This role requires the candidate to be a Subject Matter Expert (SME), specialising in aircraft interiors and payload modifications including but not limited to new seating layout, monument installation and associated structural changes, In-flight Entertainment installation, etc…
The CVE will have an independent, in-depth checking function for the content of the design (documentation, test results, etc.) while not being involved in the design process.
- Reporting to the Engineering Manager and working with the global engineering services team, across multiple time-zones, in order to identify design requirements and their associated solutions for active and upcoming aircraft cabin interior reconfiguration projects and third party equipment integration.
- Guide certification activities to ensure compliance with design requirements and be a technical focal for certification and design issues relation to the cabin interior modifications and any third party equipment integration.
- Independent check and approval of substantiation documentation and technical drawings produced by other members of staff or by suppliers necessary for verification of compliance with applicable customer requirements, certification specification and other environmental requirements as defined in CCL or certification plan.
- Develop engineering design and substantiation documentations related to modifications for aircraft Interior such as:
- Cabin interior changes such as LOPs, Passenger Service Unit layouts, sidewall, OHSC, etc…
- New monument and furniture Installations such as Galleys, Lavatories, class dividers, first class suites and VVIP furnishing.
- Repair schematic and drawings to Seats, Galleys and other cabin interior monuments and furnishing equipment to suit the customer requirements.
- Develop appropriate cabin interior substantiation documents such as flammability test plan and report, Design Reports, ICA documentation, Cabin Walkthrough plan and reports.
- Act as Boeing representative during customer meetings such as ITCM, PDR, CDR and FAI in support of active and up-coming projects. Provide additional on-site support to assist the customers’ during the embodiment phase of the project.
- Current or recent employment within the aerospace industry working with an EASA Part 21, Subpart J Design Organisation as a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE), with terms of approval including Interior.
- The candidate must have an in depth knowledge of the aircraft to ensure they are able to foresee any potential airworthy and practical problems during accomplishment.
- Able to demonstrate a comprehensive working knowledge of EASA regulatory and applicable airworthiness requirements including CS-25, JAR-25 and FAR 25 requirements.
- Knowledge and experience of aircraft interior reconfiguration programmes and primary and secondary aircraft structures.
- A high level of attention to detail and professional integrity.
- Ability to work on multiple programmes with varying level of requirements efficiently and effectively.
- Ability to prioritise workloads and show flexibility to changing situations / demands.
- Previous experience as a Compliance Verification Engineer (CVE) is essential.
A person of integrity who values attributes like trust, honesty and respect, comfortable working in a collaborative environment, willing to share knowledge and wisdom and not afraid to admit limitations.
You enjoy working under pressure and are willing to ‘go the extra mile’, you are adaptable and resilient with high expectations and higher aspirations.
Minimum Bachelor’s Degree within Aerospace/Aeronautical Engineering and/or at least eight (8) years experience in related commercial aircraft design fields.