Field(s) of expertise
Software Engineering Information Technology
About this job
The Global Technical Lead is the process, procedure and tools owner for Global Service Delivery team. The TL team is responsible for implementing and managing meaningfully consistent tech support procedures across regions and to provide functional leadership to regional IT technicians.
As empowered by the Global Infrastructure Operations Team, the TL coordinates and directs IT Int’l colleagues in order to:
- Act as a liaison and provide escalation and reach back support to/from international regions and to Enterprise IT functions (e.g. IT Product Towers, IT Infrastructure or Information Security) and partner providers (e.g. SITA) to ensure appropriate process coordination and to provide necessary trainings to the IT Int’l Ops technicians community.
- Develop and maintain cross-regional IT technical support and delivery tools and processes, gathering contribution and feedback from regional stakeholders and other functional leads.
- Review processes, tools and procedures periodically or in response to modified business needs/constraints. Conduct or participate in process design reviews and create recommendations in response to requests for process changes.
- Ensure all processes in area of responsibility , tools and procedures are documented and documentation is available/accessible and up to date.
- Work collaboratively with regional technicians and other functional leads, subject matter experts and stakeholders to ensure meaningfully consistent and effective execution of IT technical support and delivery processes and use of tools by the regional technicians.
- Coordinate cross-functional (beyond IT Int’l Operations) IT technical support and delivery activities as required.
- Provide consulting support and conduct process and tool related trainings as necessary. Establish and communicate IT technical support and delivery training requirements to the IT International Operations Management Team.
- Understand and analyze reports and key performance/service quality indicators as they relate to technical support; identify and drive improvement opportunities. Provide requirements for new performance/service quality indicators to be developed.
- Lead and facilitate cross regional technician forums, off-sites, training and coaching activities.
- Own and maintain appropriate collaboration tools (SharePoint’s, checklists, templates and process maps repositories, etc…) to enhance the effectiveness of the technicians community.
- Provide technical leadership and expert consulting support to regional teams in the resolution of complex service outages / degradation or for high profile projects (e.g. EIS, Air-shows, etc…).
- Support colleagues from the Service Design & Implementation function in the design of new services – especially related to their sustainability – and their smooth transition to regional operations.
- Contribute to IT International projects as needed and as coordinated by the assigned project manager.
The TL reports to Global Service Delivery Manager (GSDM). In order to provide functional leadership to regional Technicians, the TL interacts with Technicians, other Functional Leads, regional Support Coordinators, Service Design Engineers and Enterprise IT teams.
Significant business travel is expected to other global sites, as driven by business needs. This role also requires significant flexibility as off-hours activity will be needed to coordinate a globally dispersed team and off-hours support may occasionally be required to support service restoration.
- Extensive and broad IT technical support skills with superior knowledge of operating systems and software, backed by demonstrable relevant work experience.
- Extensive knowledge of Boeing IT Infrastructure, standards and solutions.
- Strong collaborative leadership and organizational skills to deliver results through a team. Ability to influence with or without authority, facilitate groups with diverse perspectives, bring teams to consensus/alignment.
- Superior tactical and execution skills. Dynamic, proactive attitude with the ability to take the initiative and find ways of driving and executing multiple concurrent activities despite ambiguity and organizational complexity.
- High level of energy, enthusiasm, creativity and passion for moving in uncharted grounds highly desirable.
- Good working knowledge of enterprise IT ticketing tools such as ESMS, MyServices and processes.
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills.
- Sensitivity for cultural differences and significant global acumen to effectively collaborate with a globally dispersed team.
- Ability to confidently interface with IT senior managers, business partners, Enterprise IT Functions and external IT Service Providers.
- Process oriented.
- Project Management experience is a plus but not a must.
- Hands-on experience in enterprise IT infrastructure support and service delivery, ideally with experience in functional lead roles.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Computer science or Engineering highly desirable.
- Technical Professional and ITIL certifications highly desired.
- Previous experience working in a global IT team highly desirable.