Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management
About this job
An exciting opportunity has become available on the Ministry of Defence (MOD) Support Chain Information Services (SCIS) Programme for an experienced PMO Analyst that requires someone with strong leadership skills and sound customer knowledge to create an environment of performing better-than planned. Previous or current experience of working with the MOD supply chain programmes is desired but relevant experience with other Government Departments may be acceptable.
- Responsible for developing project plans and Contract deliverables, directs all project phases and acts as primary customer contact for PMO activities with the MOD.
- Participates in or develops mechanisms for establishing, monitoring and integrating project elements, product configuration and communications concerning change management processes and decisions.
- Coordinates the operational aspects of ongoing projects and serves as liaison between project and team, finance, planning, scheduling and line management.
- Uses trend, earned value and variance analyses and risk assessments to develop plans or to recommend change.
- Negotiates project changes and incorporates such changes into project control systems to maintain work statements and cost and schedule baselines.
- Transitions projects to the MOD Customer for on-going support.
- Performs project close-out and documents lessons learned activities as necessary.
- Effectively communicate project expectations to team members and stakeholders in a timely and clear fashion.
- Identify and manage actively opportunities, risks and issues to ensure effective resolution or mitigation.
- Liaise with project stakeholders.
- Estimate the resources and participants needed to achieve project goals.
- Determine and assess need for additional staff and/or consultants.
- Set and continually manage project expectations with team members and other stakeholders.
- Delegate tasks and responsibilities to appropriate personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues and conflicts within the project team.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and the associated critical path(s).
- Plan, schedule and manage project timelines and milestones using appropriate tools.
- Track project milestones and deliverables.
- Develop and deliver progress reports, proposals, requirements documentation, and presentations.
- Determine the frequency and content of status reports from the project team, analyse results and investigate problem areas.
- Proactively manage changes in project scope, identify potential crises, and devise contingency plans.
- Define project success criteria and disseminate them to involved parties throughout project life cycle.
- Act as secretariat for Programme Management Council (PMC), Impact Assessment Review and Tailorable Project Framework process.
- Experience of managing complex projects/programmes in the Defence sector is highly desirable.
- Extensive Project Management experience; ideally holding a recognised project management accreditation; P3O, PRINCE 2, PMI/PMP or APMP.
- Highly competent in using MS Project & the MS Office products in general.
- Experience using a RIO tracking and reporting tool.
- Proven track record of successful delivery of complexity and risk in projects across a variety of areas; ideally within the Defence sector.
- Customer Focus: Develop and maintain customer relations both inside and outside of the organisation. Actively seeks information to understand customer’s circumstances, problems, expectations and needs.
- Stakeholder Management: Manages complex customer and stakeholder relationships.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.