Field(s) of expertise
About this job
Boeing Defence UK has an exciting opportunity for a Training Device Technician to join the Air Battlespace Training Centre Onsite Facility Team (AOFT) that operate and maintain the Distributed Synthetic Air/Land Training (DSALT) System at RAF Waddington, Lincolnshire.
This permanent position is well-suited to someone looking to begin or advance their career in supporting IT systems and equipment in a synthetic training environment.
You will work closely with the team, the customer, industry partners and the end-user to ensure training equipment is provided and configured for use. This position offers the opportunity of transitioning to a new state-of-the-art collective training programme from October 2020.
The successful candidate will join the team of technicians who support the DSALT programme.
Key responsibilities include:
- Accomplishes system PC initialization and configuration, system operation, rapid fault diagnosis and correction and system shutdown.
- Performs corrective actions and preventive maintenance, troubleshooting and authorised modifications on hardware and software to resolve technical, design, quality, operational and other issues with training devices.
- Repair, maintenance, reconfiguration, and modification of all other electrical and electronic systems.
- Routine maintenance of hardware and software.
- Provides daily operation and/or support for the DSALT training simulation to include liaison with MoD and civilian instructional staff in exercise planning and setup of exercises.
- Assists in monitoring and ensuring compliance with data and physical security instructions.
- Understand Networked computer systems and network fault finding.
- Maintenance of various PC hardware and Software.
- Have strong interpersonal skills and be a team player.
- Have good analytical skills.
- Have a flexible work ethic.
- Be willing to learn from on the job training.
- Customer focussed.
- Willing to work in a military environment requiring adherence to security procedures.
- Have a can-do attitude and the ability to work on multiple tasks when under pressure, and to resolve competing demands on time to deliver results without compromising technical or programme integrity.
- Configuration changes to various systems using utility software.
- Previous military experience would be beneficial, but is not essential.
- Experience of VR Forces.
- Experience of Linux systems.
- Experience in the use of both mission planning and computer generated forces in a synthetic or live environment.
- Experience of working within Quality Systems.
Must have the legal right to live and work in the UK, and ideally hold a current MoD security clearance; or have the ability to obtain a UK MoD security clearance within four months of starting work.
All information provided will be checked and may be verified.
Important information regarding this requisition: This requisition is for a locally hired position in the UK. CANDIDATES MUST HAVE CURRENT LEGAL AUTHORIZATION TO WORK IMMEDIATELY IN THE UNITED KINGDOM. BOEING WILL NOT ATTEMPT TO OBTAIN IMMIGRATION AND LABOR SPONSORSHIP FOR ANY APPLICANTS. Benefits and pay are determined at the local level and are not part of Boeing U.S. based payroll.
PLEASE NOTE: The successful candidate will be expected to undergo a SECURITY CHECK/CLEARANCE.