Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s continued success and growth in UK and Ireland is built on the philosophy of World Class Productivity and Quality the company approach to Continuous Improvement. This exciting role will combine facilitation, coaching, training employees, maintaining records and project support.
Joining a successful Business Improvement Team this position will primarily support a range of improvement / change initiatives with our Engineering, Technical Publications and Digital Training Team’s based in Frimley, Welwyn Garden City and Knaresborough.
As a Business Improvement Specialist you will apply Lean Six Sigma methodologies to support initiatives and projects that deliver business benefits in safety, quality, time, cost and engagement. Facilitating workshops, conducting independent assessments and investigations, supporting quality and process improvement initiatives and up-skilling employees through training and coaching in the application of Lean and Problem Solving are core elements of the role.
This position is for a 1 year fixed term contract.
- Providing subject matter expertise in Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- Maintaining training records and best practice materials.
- Providing training, coaching and mentoring in accordance with company standards to up-skill employees across multiple teams and disciplines.
- Assisting employee teams to develop metrics that support process improvements in safety, quality, time and cost.
- Project support. Producing reports, recording and presenting updates, and outcomes of improvement initiatives and related activities.
- Working closely with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver opportunities for improvements.
- Facilitating workshops, conducting lean maturity and high performance work team assessments.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability influence cross functional teams and build long lasting professional relationships.
- Financial and commercial awareness to support the development of Business Cases.
- Training, coaching and mentoring skills to develop and up-skill employees.
- Experienced facilitator from 1 Day Kaizen events to 5 Day detailed process improvement events.
- Experienced in a range of methods and tools that include Lean Six Sigma, Value Stream Mapping and Problem Solving.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Collecting and analysing data using graphical visualisation to create actionable information.
Education & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience of facilitation and implementing Lean Six Sigma, and Continuous Improvement in a range of industries that includes Aerospace and Security.
- Your experience will enable you to demonstrate a record of success where you have delivered tangible Business benefits through deploying Lean Six Sigma methodologies.
- You will have an appropriate academic education that underpins your working experiences. Qualifications in Lean Six Sigma methodologies will be expected. A relevant degree would be advantageous.