Field(s) of expertise
Project and Service Management Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing’s continued success and growth in the UK is built on the philosophy of World Class Productivity and Quality the company approach to Continuous Improvement. This exciting role will primarily support our Chinook Programmes and will combine facilitation, coaching, training employees and project support. Joining a successful Business Improvement Team this position will also support a range of improvement / change initiatives working with other internal Business Partners as well as collaborating with customers and suppliers as and when is appropriate.
As an appropriately experienced Business Improvement Specialist in Lean / Process Improvement methodologies you will apply your expertise and influence to enable a range of initiatives and projects to deliver business benefits in safety, quality, time and cost. Expertise in facilitating workshops, conducting independent investigations, providing support to cost reduction and process improvement initiatives will be a core responsibility. The ability to coach, train and develop employees in the application of Lean and other process improvement methodologies will also form a core element of the role.
- Providing subject matter expertise in Lean / Process Improvement methodologies and contributing to developing and maintaining training and best practice materials.
- Providing training, coaching and mentoring in accordance with company standards to develop Employee Involvement Teams across multiple disciplines.
- Assisting employee teams including suppliers to develop metrics that support process improvements in safety, quality, productivity and time.
- Project support. providing reports, recording and presenting updates, and outcomes of improvement initiatives and related activities.
- Working closely with customers, suppliers and internal stakeholders to develop and deliver opportunities for improvements.
- Excellent stakeholder management skills with the ability influence cross functional teams and build long lasting professional relationships.
- Financial and commercial awareness to support the development of Business Cases.
- Training, coaching & mentoring skills to develop Employee Involvement Teams.
- Experienced facilitator from 1 Day Kaizen events to 5 Day detailed process improvement events.
- Experienced in a range of methods and tools that include Lean, Value Stream Mapping and Problem Solving.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office applications that include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Visio.
- Collecting and analysing data, producing graphical visualisation and translation of data into actionable information.
Education & Experience:
- The ideal candidate will have experience of facilitation and implementing Lean / Continuous Improvement in Aerospace and Security. Previous experience working in an Aircraft Maintenance environment would be advantageous.
- Your experience will enable you to demonstrate a track record of continued success where you have delivered tangible Business benefits through deploying Lean / Process Improvement Methodologies. You will also demonstrate examples where you have worked closely with customers and suppliers, built relationships and through those relationships delivered productivity, cost and quality improvements.
- You will have an appropriate academic education that underpins your working experiences. Qualifications in Lean / Process Improvement methodologies will be expected. A relevant degree would be advantageous.