Field(s) of expertise
Product and Quality Assurance
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
As a highly skilled and experienced aircraft maintenance professional, you will take responsibility for the performance of third party contracted Maintenance, Repair & Overhaul organisations (MROs) within the Boeing Global Fleetcare network, ensuring industry leading delivery for our customers. With frequent travel to maintenance centres across the European network, you will build effective relationships with the contracted MROs at all levels, driving continuous improvements both within the MRO and back into Boeing Global Fleetcare.
As part of the Line Maintenance Team, you will:
- Ensure that Fleetcare Line Maintenance MROs meet their contractual obligations in partnership with Supplier Management.
- Carry out frequent station audits across the network and work with the MROs to address all deficiencies including manpower levels, qualifications, stores, tooling, logistics.
- Carry out on-site Quality investigations.
- Identify and champion continuous improvement initiatives both within the MRO and within Fleetcare.
- Routinely meet with MRO leadership to review performance.
- Carry out Station Readiness Reviews for new stations and MRO transitions.
- Hold monthly operational review meetings with MRO management to highlight both successes and failures.
- Actively work with MROs to ensure their capabilities match Fleetcare customers’ future demands.
- Identify new MROs to meet future Fleetcare requirements and work with Supplier Management to ensure a successful partnership with Boeing Global Fleetcare.
- Ensure that MROs are delivering to Fleetcare efficiently and cost targets are met.
This position will demand frequent travel to European Line Maintenance Stations and occasional long-haul travel. The successful candidate will need to be able to hold multiple Airport security passes to allow frequent access to our European Maintenance Bases.
- A broad range of experience working within an airline engineering and/or aircraft MRO organisation.
- A full working knowledge of EASA Part M and Part 145 regulations.
- Experience managing performance-based aircraft maintenance contracts.
- Previous management or supervisory experience is desirable.
- Fluency in a second European language would be an advantage.
- The right to work in the UK (the role is based in Frimley, UK).
- Able to hold Airport security passes at Maintenance bases across Europe.
- Frequent travel throughout Europe and occasional long-haul travel.