Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
We’re looking for a highly skilled and experienced airline engineering professional to work in a highly varied and dynamic environment. The successful candidate should expect regular overseas travel to accomplish their duties.
This will involve building close relationships with both enrolled Customers and Contracted MRO whilst overseeing Base Maintenance inputs on the growing fleet of Boeing 787 and 737MAX aircraft within the Boeing Global Fleet Care program. The role will give the successful candidate the opportunity to be part of a highly motivated and evolving team of likeminded professionals.
- To ensure that all Global Fleet Care Base Maintenance inputs are:
- Planned to the specifications required by the Operator’s Maintenance Programme.
- Completed to operational requirements.
- Completed within budgetary requirements.
- Completed to EASA Part 145 Standards.
- Ensure Planning and Technical Services Departments have produced the required work packages with accurate technical content in a timely fashion and are passed to the Base Maintenance MRO within the agreed pre-check time frames.
- Conduct Pre-input meetings prior to all Base Maintenance inputs to ensure all key stakeholders have met delivery requirements.
- Ensure that Base Maintenance MROs meet all required Quality and Safety Standards.
- Ensure that Base Maintenance MROs meet contractual obligations.
- Provide link between Base Maintenance MRO and Global Fleet Care Tech Services as required to resolve technical problems.
- Oversight of Base Maintenance inputs from a commercial standpoint to ensure cost control.
- Provide technical support where required to MRO operatives.
- Meet with MRO leadership throughout Base Maintenance inputs to review performance against plan.
- Carry out on-site Quality investigations as required during Base Maintenance Inputs.
- Produce post check reports highlighting areas of success and areas for improvement.
- Lead the on-site Global Fleet Care team during Base Maintenance inputs towards a common goal including re-tasking all team members to prioritise key areas when required.
- Maintain the Base Maintenance Operations Statement of Work (SOW) relative to Maintenance Execution.
- Identify and champion continuous improvement initiatives.
- Highlight and develop areas for cross functional integration between other departments in the Global Fleet Care service centre.
- Identify opportunities to standardise processes and procedures.
- Advise leadership of all reportable incidents during Base Maintenance operations and maintain an incident log.
- Co-ordinate inter-departmental maintenance activities to ensure minimum disruption to the operational program.
- Attend Operational meetings as required.
- Support Boeing Emergent Maintenance Team.
- Ensure any contacted MRO has the appropriate EASA Regulatory Approval to undertake the assigned aircraft work.
- Ensure the MRO has adequate manpower with the appropriate qualifications to undertake the planned aircraft work.
- Provide support and guidance on Boeing procedures to the MRO.
- Ensure prior to any aircraft input that all tooling and equipment is provided, fully serviceable, and on-site personnel are fully trained to use the tooling and equipment.
- Provide technical liaison between the MRO and Boeing internal departments including Planning and Technical Services to resolve any emergent issue.
- Report any technical issues, aircraft delays, or other issues into Boeing Maintrol.
- Ensure all planned aircraft work is carried out to plan and liaise with Boeing Maintrol and Maintenance Planning to optimize production with MRO available resources. To ensure that scheduled and unscheduled ground time is maximized as an opportunity for scheduled and unscheduled work.
- Ensure all aircraft paperwork, technical logs, and work packs are completed accurately within prescribed timescales and returned to Boeing.
- Ensure MRO stores are in good order with all parts received and unserviceable parts returned.
- Ensure MRO undertakes appropriate control of all Boeing parts and tools under their care.
- Report quality lapses to the Boeing Quality Department.
- Ensure any additional work the MRO undertakes on any Boeing customer aircraft is fully justified prior to ASR approval.
- Approve or reject other ASRs the MRO may raise.
- Be the prime technical focal for establishing new bases or line stations in conjunction with the appropriate MRO and Boeing project team.
- Facilitate reach back to Boeing Seattle for support of operational technical and reliability issues.
- Collate data for performance metrics as appropriate and send to Boeing.
- Undertake any other reasonable activity within the MRO Rep role capability.
- Perform mandatory reporting as required.
- Manage delay and AOG events to ensure airplane is returned to service in the shortest possible time whilst ensuring defect rectification is carried out in accordance with the regulatory requirements.
- The ideal candidate will have worked in an airline engineering and/or aircraft Maintenance Repair and Overhaul (MRO) organization as an experienced EASA B1 or B2 licensed and type rated Certifying Engineer.
- You will have airline/MRO experience with maintenance of Boeing aircraft types including accessing on-line Boeing documents and Airplane Health Monitoring (AHM) through myboeingfleet.com.
- Must have full working knowledge of EASA Part M and Part 145 regulations. Must be very familiar with Boeing technical support manuals used for on-wing maintenance of Boeing airplanes.
- Experience in managing performance-based aircraft maintenance contracts is highly desirable.
- Experience with Microsoft software applications is highly desired.
- Preferred Professional Aerospace/Engineering degree (or related aviation discipline) from a recognized university.
- EASA Part 66 B1 or B2 (or equivalent) Aircraft Maintenance Engineer’s License with Boeing 787 and/or 737NG aircraft type rating is preferred.
- The Base Maintenance Liaison Engineer will be based at the BCASEL facility but will spend a high proportion of time at other UK, Europe and overseas locations.
- The Base Maintenance Liaison Engineer must be willing and able to spend considerable time away from base including training periods in Seattle.
- Occasional travel may be required at short notice.
- This requisition is for an international, locally hired position