Field(s) of expertise
Procurement and Legal
About this job
Within the Division Human Resources and Services, Rules, Regulations & Social Dialogue (RSD) establishes, develops and maintains HR policies, staff regulations and employment conditions provisions, and advises on compliance with legal aspects of HRS policies in all administrative areas. It also prepares, supports and executes the Social Dialogue and Consultation process.
- Provide legal and operational support on all matters relating to the rules applied by HR services: development, maintenance, interpretation and implementation of the rules in coordination with the responsible services and working groups;
- Prepare working papers to be submitted to various statutory Committees;
- Provide legal advice and assistance in international civil service matters and ILOAT case law; in particular to deal with complaints and requests introduced by staff members and to support DG/JUR in preparation of submissions in appeal cases lodged by staff with the International Labour Organisation’s Administrative Tribunal;
- Conduct in-depth legal research and analysis in administrative law, international institutional law, human rights and public international law and other relevant areas of law, on both procedural and substantive issues;
- Provide support on Social Dialogue issues, including participation in the various configurations of Social Dialogue meetings, preparation of documents to be submitted to these fora, drafting of minutes, and following-up on actions in coordination and close contact with the relevant HR services;
- Perform any other task in line with the main purpose of the job.
- Bachelor degree in Law; Master’s degree in Law would constitute an asset;
- Internal candidates should check on the intranet to see what level of in-house experience is considered equivalent to educational qualifications where appropriate;
- A minimum of 1 year of relevant working experience;
- Good knowledge of employment law or civil service law; knowledge and experience in civil service law of international organisations would be an asset;
- Ability to draft complex documents in English and French;
- Communication: Fosters two-way communication;
- Influencing: Sells the benefit of ideas;
- Teamwork: Fosters teamwork;
- Quality focus: Delivers consistent quality in work;
- Analytical thinking: Analyses information and identifies critical relationships;
- Ability to work in a multinational and multicultural environment;
- Professional conduct in line with the corporate behaviours of the Agency i.e. result-driven, readiness to change, customer focus, integrity and team-player approach;
- The languages of the Agency are English and French. For this particular position, thorough knowledge of English and French (oral/written) is required.
- Applications will be accepted from nationals of EUROCONTROL Member States only. At the closing date of the notice of competition, internal candidates must have completed their probationary period.
- This is an appointment for a determined period of 5 Year(s). It could be extended up to a maximum of 9 years or converted into an undetermined contract. Before being established in the post, the external candidate will be requested to provide certified copies of his/her degrees and successfully serve a probationary period of 9 months.
- Internal candidates appointed to an established post or for an undetermined period: If successful, the staff member will be appointed under the conditions set out above, while maintaining the previous terms of employment regarding his/her appointment (whether for an undetermined period or to an established post). At the end of the period of employment as mentioned above, if the assignment to this post is not extended or its duties do not become of a lasting nature, the staff member will, in accordance with the service regulations, be transferred to another post corresponding to his/her last type of post, grade and function group.
- Internal candidates appointed for determined period: If successful, the person will continue his/her current type of appointment if compliant with duration limits laid down in Annex Xb of the Staff Regulations/General Conditions of Employment.
- The successful candidate shall be appointed at the grade in the function group and to the type of post indicated in the vacancy notice, or, if a group of grades has been published, in principle at the basic grade.
- In case of reserve list: Suitable candidates, however not selected to fill the post, will be placed on a reserve list for similar functions. The period of validity of reserve list is 1 year from the approval of the selection board’s recommendations.
- EUROCONTROL is committed to non-discrimination and equal opportunities. In the event of equal merit, preference may be given to the applicant from to the under-represented diversity characteristics in order to complement diversity of teams and rebalance the workforce.