Field(s) of expertise
Business Administration and Finance
About this job
At Boeing, we are all innovators on a mission to connect, protect, explore and inspire. From the seabed to outer space, you’ll learn and grow, contributing to work that shapes the world. Find your future with us.
Boeing Technical Operations Centre UK (BTOC UK) sits in the heart of the Boeing Commercial Airplane Services Europe Ltd (BCASEL) Service Centre facility supporting management of enrolled customer airline maintenance operations. BTOC UK is a 24/7/365 Operations Centre that manages multiple airplane type and airline operations with a global reach and is functionally responsible for daily coordination and management of maintenance execution. Interfacing with global MRO’s and Airlines, BTOC is a dynamic, fast paced environment at the forefront of the maintenance operation.
Reporting directly to the Operations Support Manager (Boeing Ireland Ltd) and supporting the BTOC UK and the Boeing Ireland Ltd Maintenance Operation, the Maintenance Operations Tooling Specialist is an exciting new role for a dynamic and driven individual wanting to work in a rapidly challenging and growing airline maintenance operations environment.
- To ensure that appropriate tooling is available to support scheduled, unscheduled and emergent maintenance throughout the MRO network.
- To control, manage and provide visibility of Boeing owned tools and equipment to ensure availability to support maintenance operations worldwide.
- Ensure that the Boeing system of record for control of tooling is an accurately updated to reflect global tooling status.
- To manage and develop processes to ensure that tools are quickly and efficiently moved worldwide when required.
- Compilation of metrics and internal reports on operational performance and tooling availability.
- Analysis of processes and procedures and driving continuous improvement.
- Identify opportunities and drive standardization of process and procedures.
- Participation in operational meetings; Daily Ops Review, Tech Delay Analysis Meeting, Planning Meeting, Schedule Review Meetings.
- To provide relief for support of tooling Focals at other key Boeing locations.
- Project work including operation/facility expansion.
The role will be based in the Boeing Commercial Airplane Services Europe Limited office at Frimley, Surrey, with frequent travel as necessary.
- Asses the tooling requirements for scheduled and unscheduled maintenance of Boeing 787 and 737MAX fleets.
- Control and manage all Boeing owned tools to ensure calibration, maintenance, load checks etc. are performed as and when required.
- Manage repair and replacement of tools as required.
- Develop processes and procedures and work with the various stakeholders to ensure that the unavailability of any particular tool due to calibration, maintenance or repair does not adversely affect the operation.
- Maintain tool records as required per Boeing and EASA Part 145 requirements.
- Receive new tools into the organization and load it into the Boeing computer management system.
- Coordinate the movement of tools worldwide, where necessary.
- Preparation and shipping of Boeing owned tools as required in order to support worldwide emergent maintenance needs.
- Liaison with calibration and repair organisations to ensure that maintenance/calibration/repair activities are efficiently expedited.
- Develop and enhance existing processes and procedures to ensure tool availability.
- Monitor Tool Service Bulletins etc. to ensure that Boeing owned tools are at the applicable standard.
- Assist in the procurement process of additional or replacement tools.
- Be prepared to travel worldwide to address and rectify issues as they arise.
- Previous experience in a commercial aviation maintenance environment is desirable.
- Candidate should be able to navigate and understand content of Boeing commercial airplane technical manuals and associated documentation.
- Working knowledge and experience of 145 production planning concepts.
- Candidate should be knowledgeable of industry and regulatory agency requirements as applicable to the control and management of tools.
- Very proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite and experience working with a maintenance system such as AMOS is essential.
- Candidate must demonstrate an enhanced ability to communicate verbally and in written form.
- Must have excellent organisation skills and the ability to work under pressure.
- Logistics and dangerous goods handling experience an advantage.
- Must be able to work as part of an international/global team.